For those of you who passed your boards....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twelvetigers

stabby cat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...congrats!

:thumbup::highfive::bow::woot::claps::banana:

For those of you still waiting for results, hang tight. You'll get your good news soon. :)

So who is out there? Dr. Stealthdog? Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

It was a bit entertaining to walk through the teaching hospital yesterday and see EVERYONE on their cell phones calling.

Were the scores not available until 4 PM or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is up to the state to release the scores. OKStaters found out Friday afternoon... Iowa people still don't know... mostly because some do online updates, and some make you wait for the letter to come in. Does the process sound familiar?

Yeah, we all found out via email just before 2 PM on Friday afternoon... although they must have gone through and emailed us in alphabetical order, because one of my classmates with an "A" last name got her results about 20 minutes before I did. I was so nervous when everyone kept announcing their results on Facebook and I hadn't received an email yet!

Congratulations Dr. Stealthdog :)

Congrats as well! Out of curiosity what did you use to prepare? Vet prep, zuku, class notes, professor reviews, other?

Thanks!

I used VetPrep, but I signed up for the Zuku free daily question too. I also got the Board Review Flashcards, which were fun because they work great with a Trivial Pursuit board- studying for boards is never super fun, but it's better when it looks like a game :) They also make it easier to fire questions back and forth with classmates, since you don't have to tediously read through a bunch of multiple choice answers.

I had the Mosby books, but never really used them because the questions seemed way harder than anything on VetPrep. I also had the A to Z guide, but didn't use that much either. We had professors come in and review major topics about once every 2 or 3 weeks (anesthesiology, poultry, swine, surgery, etc), but I didn't attend too many... it's hard to be in clinics all day then sit in a lecture for two hours at night. I attended the ones I felt like I needed the most help on, and also printed out the study guides that each professor sent out prior to their review session.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. Studying for boards just seems like such an overwhelming task!

Congrats everyone as well....Dr. WhtsthFrequency here!!! Also got an Anatomic Path residency at Texas A&M - look out Aggies here I come!! :love: Very excited to move to a warmer place with such nice people. The whole school was in an uproar and words spread so fast everyone ran to a computer haha!

I also did VetPrep and although the "wording format" of the questions were not a hugely accurate representation of boards, the coverage of subject matter definitely was, and was very good overall. Their little summary "PowerPages" are excellent. I agree that Mosby was hard and a little outdated....better if you are using as a supplement and already have your basics. I basically did vetPrep till I was blue in the face, whenever I had a few minutes do some questions.....it is nice because they break it down by species. Do not forget, there are also business and ethics related questions on NAVLE.

Last edited:
Congratulations to you both :highfive:! We can't wait to join you in a couple/few years.

Members don't see this ad :)
:D Completely Fantastic News Guys! Congrats on all your hard work.

I dont know why but I thought you got board scores instantly like the GRE but I guess someone told me wrong. Great-- another "good news/bad news" waiting period to look forward to. I thought I was all done with that. :rolleyes:

The worst part is they make you wait 2 MONTHS! And that includes the christmas break....

Congrats everyone as well....Dr. WhtsthFrequency here!!! Also got an Anatomic Path residency at Texas A&M - look out Aggies here I come!!
Well Howdy then! I don't know exactly how residencies work, but you'll likely rotate through the clin path lab at some point and meet some very awesome people. Drs. Johnson, Nabity, and Russell are all ridiculously cool. Not to mention the folks who run the lab itself.

I probably will even though I am Anatomic. I am *so* excited, not just to get off the East Coast but nice hot weather just the way I like it!! Everyone already seems so friendly in Texas I am amazed.:love:

I know the waiting period is ghastly!!

Congratulations!!! How exciting to *finally* reach your goal!

Congratulations everyone!! :):luck::thumbup:

So I'm a little confused -- as usual ;-) In US schools, are there fourth year exams to worry about at the end of the year, after NAVLE, or are there nothing but clinics separating you from practice?

Massey has fifth year final exams that still trip up some students (there were students taking supplementary exams last week) -- so it's nerve-wracking till the bitter end. :oops:

April NAVLE results for California and several other states are out today. I passed. :D Now I just have to take the California State Boards in July and pass my finals in November.

Congratulation to everyone who passed, and Good Luck For the rest
I PASSED FIRST TRIAL :D :D :D
What A Relief
I mainly used ZukuReview and Vetprep ONLY :D + Florida Lectures Videos
Well I had to study For BCSE so That helped too :D
NOW Have TO take CPE soon :( :oops:
Wish Me Luck on that one.

Congratulation to everyone who passed, and Good Luck For the rest
I PASSED FIRST TRIAL :D :D :D
What A Relief
I mainly used ZukuReview and Vetprep ONLY :D + Florida Lectures Videos
Well I had to study For BCSE so That helped too :D
NOW Have TO take CPE soon :( :oops:
Wish Me Luck on that one.

Congratulations! I used ZukuReview too. I feel like it really helped. The only thing I wish I reviewed more was everyday small animal toxicities, like onions, raisins, lilies, chocolate, etc.

Best of luck on the CPE! You can do it. :)

Congratulations! I used ZukuReview too. I feel like it really helped. The only thing I wish I reviewed more was everyday small animal toxicities, like onions, raisins, lilies, chocolate, etc.

Best of luck on the CPE! You can do it. :)

Thanks Laurafinn
I'll keep everyone updated about CPE incase someone needs an advice