Technology For someone who wants to listen to music yet wants to tape lectures for later to down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vincikai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For someone who wants to listen to music yet wants to tape lectures for later to download to computer?

Members don't see this ad.

I have always found it very difficult to tape lectures because you have to get your device so close to the lecturer and sound quality can vary if they move etc. Why don't you encourage your school to video tape lectures and then put them on the web for all of your classmates. That's what our school did, it was very handy being able to watch lectures from home.

Most PDas have recording software built in, a basic microcasette recorder might work too, you might have to switch tapes in the middle of the lecture depending on the length of the lecturer. An IPOD of course would work well, there is a addon you could buy for Ipods to record lecturers however a PDA would be more multifunctional.

Let us know what you decide on.

I myself used my ipod to record lectures - i had bought the italk attachment and its not bad at all. Even though I was sitting near the back of the lecture hall, I was still able to get the audio to play better than what was being recorded by scribes in the front of the lecture. The only downside with this setup is that the ipod uses its battery up quick so you need to be sitting next to a power outlet if your lectures go past 2hrs (mine got about 2 hrs before i hit the low battery limit)