For CPE takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwhitti

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hope someone can answer this :)
How long was your waiting time to get a seat for the CPE for you guys who are taking the CPE this year or took it before? I'm asking it because there are no spots available for 2022. I've just passed the BSCE in April and thought I could schedule the practical test right away but no openings so far and I've been checking it online every day. I'm so anxious. I had no idea that it could take this long just to schedule it.

Members don't see this ad.

Not for myself, but I've met 2 others in your situation - one who needed over 3 years and another who needed almost 5 years to complete the entire cycle of testing (including the NAVLE at the end).

My vet school hosted CPEs and it takes a LOT of effort on the host’s part to organize, administer and evaluate candidates. I imagine it is especially difficult post-COVID with staffing, capacity limits and trying to work with everyone’s schedules to get this done. There is also unfortunately a good number of people that have to retake it, and there is also likely a “back log” after COVID as well. It isn’t like there’s a squad of people whose only job is to administer CPEs, unfortunately.