For anyone with experience applying.. I need peace of mind and/or advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iLIFTforFOOD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
VA 91
Bio 84
Chem 85
Reading 56
QA 67
Composite 84

Overall GPA 3.34
Major GPA (biochemistry) 3.21 --the reason behind this is because I totally bombed my freshman year science courses, but have gotten no less than a B (mostly A's) in my advanced science classes & labs.
I also am a pharmacy tech (been with this pharmacy for 2 years, just started my tech position recently), have tons of extracurriculars, and anticipate a very good interview experience.
For a school that has an average GPA of 3.5, and average PCAT of 85%, should I be worried?? Is there something I can do between now & Fall interviews to strengthen my application?

*Is there something I should focus my personal statement on to better my chances? I touched on what went wrong freshman year & how I overcame it.... I didn't want to be too negative.

Thoughts & advice are thoroughly welcomed and appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I think your chances are great. I wouldn't spend too much time talking about bad grades in your personal statement (if you decide to mention it at all), leave it for the interview or the supplemental application (just my personal opinion).

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the comfort & advice!
I think I'll take it out of my personal statement, but do you have any further advice of what's crucial to include &/or focus on?

If they see you did poorly first year and improved from there you wont really need to touch on that. Anything they can really see in your application leave it out of your statement. Just make sure it's not boring and redundant because they read so many of them. I talked about my motivation for pursuing Pharmacy and told it like a story.

As far as your GPA and stuff goes, you are def competitive for the school you're applying to. If it's rolling admissions just make sure your entire PharmCAS application is complete by mid september and nail your interview.

Also keep your options open. You rely on just that one school, apply to a few others and you'll get in somewhere for sure with those stats and experience. What school were you thinking? I see you're form NC, I applied to Campbell because they seemed like a great school and offered good scholarships