FM ancillary revenue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoopdaboop

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So obviously surgical sub specialties, even things like anesthesia, gas, radiology you can become partner in and get revenue from ancillary income... does this exist in FM? If so how does it work? I'm guessing it has to be largely hospital stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're a partner in a private practice group, you get ancillaries potentially from labs, quality metrics, midlevels if you choose to use them, revenue from non-partner MDs, stuff like that.

@Blue Dog can explain in better detail than I can.

Our group has three imaging centers (XR, CT, MRI, US, mammography, DEXA) and a central lab. All of the partners share in the ancillary revenue.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our group has three imaging centers (XR, CT, MRI, US, mammography, DEXA) and a central lab. All of the partners share in the ancillary revenue.

Oh interesting. So i'm imagining this drives income well above 2-3x mgma?

Oh interesting. So i'm imagining this drives income well above 2-3x mgma?

No. Overhead is pretty high, especially for imaging, and we have a large group with a couple of hundred partners. Most years, I'll only make something like an additional $30K or so from ancillaries.

No. Overhead is pretty high, especially for imaging, and we have a large group with a couple of hundred partners. Most years, I'll only make something like an additional $30K or so from ancillaries.

Oh dang, I guess I had a huge misunderstanding of the ancillary revenue business lmao.