Florida veterinary laws and rules exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tonkamoo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the Florida vet laws and rules exam in a few weeks, to get my license there. The study guide is pretty minimal, basically just providing PDFs of the relevant laws.

I was wondering if any of you have taken it and have any advice. Like how nit picky the questions are, how much to study/memorize etc.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
taking it soon too so i cant really offer advice about the test yet, but i've heard that FL is notorious for losing parts of paperwork, so ensure that you double and triple check and document everything you send in. save duplicates and be really thorough with your stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! Hopefully it will go smoothly, as long as I don't fall asleep reading the PDFs...

I'm taking the Florida vet laws and rules exam in a few weeks, to get my license there. The study guide is pretty minimal, basically just providing PDFs of the relevant laws.

I was wondering if any of you have taken it and have any advice. Like how nit picky the questions are, how much to study/memorize etc.

Thanks!
where can i find the pdf?

Hi everyone! I just thought I would revive this thread because I am study for the florida boards right now.

How was the board exam? I have the PDFs to study, but just wanted to know if anyone had any advise on how to best prepare for the exam. How picky are the questions? Thank you!

Hi everyone! I just thought I would revive this thread because I am study for the florida boards right now.

How was the board exam? I have the PDFs to study, but just wanted to know if anyone had any advise on how to best prepare for the exam. How picky are the questions? Thank you!
they are pretty specific. Remember the details like the numbers of council members, etc. study the pdfs and you'll be fine

Hello everyone, Was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance. I am in DESPERATE need of a Study Guide for the 'Florida Laws and Rules Exam Study Guide'. I am sitting here reading and simultaneously trying to memorize like 300 pages of PDF's of legal jargon and I don't know what I really need to focus on. Does anyone have any specific advice or additional study material to help narrow down what I really need to know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone, Was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance. I am in DESPERATE need of a Study Guide for the 'Florida Laws and Rules Exam Study Guide'. I am sitting here reading and simultaneously trying to memorize like 300 pages of PDF's of legal jargon and I don't know what I really need to focus on. Does anyone have any specific advice or additional study material to help narrow down what I really need to know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Any updates? I am now in your boat looking to take the exam. I have heard the flash cards on line are helpful. Any tips?

Any updates? I am now in your boat looking to take the exam. I have heard the flash cards on line are helpful. Any tips?

I took it a few months ago and it was pretty straightforward. I have a short study guide I can send you if you pm me your email. It’s all I studied for it (read it just a couple times) and passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it a few months ago and it was pretty straightforward. I have a short study guide I can send you if you pm me your email. It’s all I studied for it (read it just a couple times) and passed.

Hi Cyndia, I might not have private message'd you correctly? I started a "conversation" on this website with you and included my email... did you get it?

Hi Cyndia, I might not have private message'd you correctly? I started a "conversation" on this website with you and included my email... did you get it?

Hey could I possibly get that study guide from you too? I've been studying PDFs but I need to take it Tuesday so I'm pressed for time.
Thank you!!

Can I have the short study guide? Are the Flashcards pretty close to the questions asked?

I’m in the same boat. Tried reaching out to a DVM in Florida, but she doesn’t have access to it anymore. Can anyone send it to [email protected]? Greatly appreciated.

For those taking the exam, I was not successful in receiving the study guide from the people above, but I studied the PDFs that were worth the majority of the exam once and studied some online flash cards that you can find by googling Florida veterinary license exam study guide and passed on the first go. Good luck to everyone taking the exam!

How long after taking the exam did you get your results? And if you took it after graduating how long did it take to get your license? I'm studying in the UK and can't take the exam over here so I'll be taking it when I get home after graduating. Just wondering how long it will be before I can start work as I already have a job lined up?

How long after taking the exam did you get your results? And if you took it after graduating how long did it take to get your license? I'm studying in the UK and can't take the exam over here so I'll be taking it when I get home after graduating. Just wondering how long it will be before I can start work as I already have a job lined up?
You find out if you pass/fail before you leave the testing center. I got my license within ~1-2 weeks after sending in my final transcripts.

would someone be willing to send the short study guide to me? My email is [email protected]. I am trying to get licensed in FL and will be taking the test shortly. Thanks in advance!

Would you be willing to email the study guide to me as well? Taking test in the next week. [email protected], greatly appreciated!

Hi there,
Can you please send me a short study guide you prepared, as I am preparing for Florida Vet license exam in a week to this email: [email protected]
Thank you

I'm preparing to take the test as well. Could you please send me the study guide? My email is [email protected]. Thank you!!

I'm also preparing to take the FL Veterinary Rules and Laws exam. If anyone has the study guide, could you please forward it to me? My email is [email protected]. The PDFs that I found online are several hundred pages total.

For those taking the exam, I was not successful in receiving the study guide from the people above, but I studied the PDFs that were worth the majority of the exam once and studied some online flash cards that you can find by googling Florida veterinary license exam study guide and passed on the first go. Good luck to everyone taking the exam!
Thanks for this response! I'm now preparing for the exam as well. So did you read all of those several hundred pages of PDFs? I did find the flash cards online. Thanks!

I am currently studying for the exam. Could you please share your study guide? My email is [email protected]. Thank you!

I signed up for the FVMA 3 hour course is is a combined course that meets all requirements for The exempt The Florida Board of Veterinary Medicine Postpones all Audits until January 2021 – Florida Veterinary Medical Association. They Are very nice! If you call them and state you are a student they will alter your registration to give you a discount! It comes to $99 with the discount instead of $149 and they give you a free student membership for the year. The price is annoying :arghh: but I had looked into the other options which were far more expensive. Hope this helps people!

would i be able to get a copy of this study guide? [email protected]
I was also told there is a helpful powerpoint online somewhere but I have yet to find that does anyone know about that?

I signed up for the FVMA 3 hour course is is a combined course that meets all requirements for The exempt The Florida Board of Veterinary Medicine Postpones all Audits until January 2021 – Florida Veterinary Medical Association. They Are very nice! If you call them and state you are a student they will alter your registration to give you a discount! It comes to $99 with the discount instead of $149 and they give you a free student membership for the year. The price is annoying :arghh: but I had looked into the other options which were far more expensive. Hope this helps people!
Is this in place of taking the rules and reg examination?

Hi, same problem her... studying those PDFs is insane.. trying out the flashcards.. if anyone has any additional materials would really appreciate sharing them.. [email protected]
THANK YOU!!

Ooh can you send it to me as well?

I took FL boards and it's nothing to get overly stressed about. It's very straightforward.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Studying using the crazy PDFs but having anxiety over it like most veterinary students. If any one has a condensed version and would be kind enough to email it to [email protected] it would greatly be appreciated!

Anybody have the study guide for FL licensing exam? taking it soon

Hey can you send me that shirt study guide in private email ??

Hey, do you mind sharing your study guide with me in a private email. Or if anyone else has received a study guide that they found to be helpful I would greatly appreciate any help studying! thank you!!

Hey, do you mind sharing your study guide with me in a private email. Or if anyone else has received a study guide that they found to be helpful I would greatly appreciate any help studying! thank you!!
Pm me your email address and I’ll dig it up and send it over - though fyi it’s from a few years ago now so not sure if it’s the most up to date still.

Hello - does anyone still have a copy of the study guide? The information on the website is overwhelming. TIA

Would appreciate a copy of your study guide Cyndia. I have been a Vet for 50 years, graduated from OSU , had a practice for 42 years, sold it and working part time since. Moved to Florida from Pa and NY. Would like to volunteer at shelters , I love Veterinary medicine Thanks in advance.
[email protected]
Best Regards,
DocTom73

Out of curiosity how long do you get to take the exam? I see it's 50 MCQ online at a proctored location but can't find the time allowance.