Flight surgery contact information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runjls

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently decided I did not want to complete my chosen speciality and will be doing flight surgery/gmo after finsishing my intern year in june. I have been approved for this by the AF. But I still have yet to hear where/when I will be getting my assignment or even what my assignment options are. Does any one know who I contact and where I get the contact email or phone number to get this information? Also I have yet to have my flight physical. Any one know how I get the ball rolling on that?

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently decided I did not want to complete my chosen speciality and will be doing flight surgery/gmo after finsishing my intern year in june. I have been approved for this by the AF. But I still have yet to hear where/when I will be getting my assignment or even what my assignment options are. Does any one know who I contact and where I get the contact email or phone number to get this information? Also I have yet to have my flight physical. Any one know how I get the ball rolling on that?

Thanks for your help.

Are you on civ deferral? If not, your PD should have the number of the guy/ gal at AFPc who handles flight doc assignments. Otherwise, cold call AFPC. Most flight med folks have class spots and RIPs already, so you might be delayed and may be a gmo first.

Flight physical: contact your local or closest flight med shop and ask for an IFC II Flight Surgeon physical exam.

Thanks for your help.

Contact the flight med functional at AFPC. You need to contact her ASAP. You're a little late in the game- most of the GMO flight doc spots are probably already locked-up meaning you're going to have to choose from some bottom of the barrel bases. Sometimes you may get lucky and a good spot will open up at the right time. Get your flight physical done now. Depending on the base/docs doing the exam that could delay your assignment by a couple of months. If you have access to a flight med clinic- go in and talk to one of the flight docs. We're all, usually, pretty friendly and could help you expitide/navigate the flight med system.

PM me and I'll give you her contact info.
I went through the same thing a few years ago so I can probably answer a lot of your questions.