This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A.MC94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings!

After some serious research about the FIU HWCOM Graduate Certificate in Molecular and Biomedical Sciences program, I finally found a thread on personal experiences with FIU and their programs. But I am still having some difficulties regarding what decision would be best for me, so I will briefly write down my situation.

I am about to finish my bachelors degree in Biomedical Sciences in Puerto Rico. I have a cumulative gpa of 3.0, maybe a little more if I only count science courses. I am concerned that my gpa might be low, so I am really doubting myself.

I have +100hrs of volunteering work at the Veterans Hospital and at the Veterans Pharmacy.

I have also +50hrs of Shadowing, with a Veterans doctor.

I have a few letters of recommendation, 1 is from a math professor, 1 from a Anatomy and Physiology professor and the others are from two pharmacists at the Veterans Hospital.

I have done outside volunteer jobs, like night patrols to give healthcare for the homeless, & some other more.

I don’t know which other options I would have, I really want to apply to FIU.

Maybe I could chose a certificate? Or do some other minor or associate to really strengthen my academic background and then apply to medschool with FIU?
Or just maybe I could transfer to FIU and do a minor after my bachelors?

I am planing on taking the MCAT again. The first time I got a 500. Not bad but think I could do better.

I will appreciate any help and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: