This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTclassof2021

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I was recently invited to an early interview with FIU and was wondering if the decision is binding if I were to accept an offer?

If anyone has already attended an early interview (NOT early decision) and can give me an answer I would greatly appreciate it!

ALSO:

Was there any specific questions you can remember? How are the students/faculty? How many people were at your interview? How long did it take for them to contact you? How was the structure of the day?

and was the decision BINDING?

If you can let me know I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If it's not early decision then it isn't binding. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Did you accept FIU's offer and then deny?

I just wanted to make you don't have to pay any fees if you do accept

Thanks btw!

I didn't apply to FIU but I had early interviews and acceptances at other schools. I really believe that unless it is early decision there is no binding issue. I would call the admissions person just to be sure. They can also answer the deposit issue. I do believe that programs need to wait until January for the deposit as said in PTCAS. But again, your best source of info is FIU DPT admissions.

I didn't apply to FIU but I had early interviews and acceptances at other schools. I really believe that unless it is early decision there is no binding issue. I would call the admissions person just to be sure. They can also answer the deposit issue. I do believe that programs need to wait until January for the deposit as said in PTCAS. But again, your best source of info is FIU DPT admissions.
Awesome sounds great! Thank you for the info!

Can anyone fill me in on how the interview is done and how long it took? I have mine next Saturday so just wanna know a little of what to expect thanks!

Can anyone fill me in on how the interview is done and how long it took? I have mine next Saturday so just wanna know a little of what to expect thanks!
I had an early interview with them in November, don't know if they do something different for the regular interview dates but this was my experience: It was a very brief conversation-style interview with Dr. Rossi, the interim chair, and then one other faculty member. It was very relaxed, they mostly reviewed my application and asked me questions about it as well as stress and time management, such as "What do you do to deal with stressful situations?". Most of the interview time was spent conversing about topics stemming from the questions I asked so be prepared to ask a lot of questions. After the interview, they took me on a brief tour of the department. The whole thing took about an hour.

Bonus tip: Parking in the PG5 garage is your best bet, just make sure you don't accidentally go up the ramp to the faculty and student parking floors. Metered guest parking is located on the first floor only.

Good luck!

I had an early interview with them in November, don't know if they do something different for the regular interview dates but this was my experience: It was a very brief conversation-style interview with Dr. Rossi, the interim chair, and then one other faculty member. It was very relaxed, they mostly reviewed my application and asked me questions about it as well as stress and time management, such as "What do you do to deal with stressful situations?". Most of the interview time was spent conversing about topics stemming from the questions I asked so be prepared to ask a lot of questions. After the interview, they took me on a brief tour of the department. The whole thing took about an hour.

Bonus tip: Parking in the PG5 garage is your best bet, just make sure you don't accidentally go up the ramp to the faculty and student parking floors. Metered guest parking is located on the first floor only.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I appreciate the input and advice. The email I got said 15 min interview with faculty member, 15 with a student and then 15 with a panel so maybe it is different but regardless thank you!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the input and advice. The email I got said 15 min interview with faculty member, 15 with a student and then 15 with a panel so maybe it is different but regardless thank you!
Hey, I know this is a stretch being that this thread is 2 years old but I have an interview for FIU and the email I received stated that my interview will also be in the same format as yours. Can you tell me how it went? What questions were asked? etc. Thankyou