First year student on Navy HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NavyDDS1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

so I'm a D1 on Navy HPSP.
I'm just wondering what the approx. timeline is for applying for School Orders.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you have to wait until Oct 1st which is the beginning of the fiscal year, but after that you can apply whenever you want up until Oct 1st next year. I'd recommend doing it in Oct/Nov, get some extra money for the holidays and sometimes if they start running low on money they'll suspend school orders until more funds become available.

What is this "school orders" you speak of? Could anyone enlighten me? Sorry I'm such a noob. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
if you have the time actually try to go somewhere. One year (my jr yr) I went to San Diego. I just took a two week trip, but the experience was invaluable and fun as hellllll.

Never received the handbook.

The link was provided above for the handbook, it's online. I mean an honest google search would tell you more than you'd need to know about it. Read the handbook though, it will enlighten you on a lot of things you have no idea about.

if you have the time actually try to go somewhere. One year (my jr yr) I went to San Diego. I just took a two week trip, but the experience was invaluable and fun as hellllll.

Just curious, how did you have time in the junior year to leave for 2 weeks? Was that a part of a break at UF?