First Semester College Schedule

Hiroshi

Behind the Scenes
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a few 'Can I have opinions on my schedule for next year?' threads in here, so I decided to post mine too.

My AP Exams got be exempt from a few non-elective courses. (i.e: Freshman English and Biology) So I decided to focus in on getting rid of my General Education requirements not really related to my major (Biology) first. My schedule:

General Chemistry [4]
Calculus I [4]

Introduction to Film [3]
Modern Western Traditions [3]
FYE (First Year Experience) University Learning Skills [1]

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like a great schedule, but be sure that the professional schools you want to apply too accept AP credit - most will, but some have that as a sticking point.

Good luck and welcome to college!

I saw a few 'Can I have opinions on my schedule for next year?' threads in here, so I decided to post mine too.

My AP Exams got be exempt from a few non-elective courses. (i.e: Freshman English and Biology) So I decided to focus in on getting rid of my General Education requirements not really related to my major (Biology) first. My schedule:

General Chemistry [4]
Calculus I [4]

Introduction to Film [3]
Modern Western Traditions [3]
FYE (First Year Experience) University Learning Skills [1]

If you decide to test out of certain medical prerequisites, make sure you take corresponding upper-level courses at some point to make up for the classes you tested out of. Other than that, 15 credits for a first-semester freshman is manageable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright. I'll have to make sure for that. Thanks guys!

Do you have to take the FYE class? If it's not required I would ask someone who has taken it if it was worth it. The one at my school is a waste of time. I've heard it is mostly just busy work writing assignments, journal entries, etc.

As long as you don't get behind, that looks like a cushhh schedule to me :D. It might take a bit to get used to college, but once things start rolling have some fun (while keeping the grades pristine, of course :thumbup:) !! Things start to pick up soph and junior year.

Do you have to take the FYE class? If it's not required I would ask someone who has taken it if it was worth it. The one at my school is a waste of time. I've heard it is mostly just busy work writing assignments, journal entries, etc.
Hm. I figure it's only 1 credit, and I heard it helps a lot with just discussions about activities at the school so why not. It's like 1 hour a week.

As long as you don't get behind, that looks like a cushhh schedule to me :D. It might take a bit to get used to college, but once things start rolling have some fun (while keeping the grades pristine, of course :thumbup:) !! Things start to pick up soph and junior year.
Yeah, I'm kinda of curious as to how 'used to' I will have to get used to college. Thanks.

Looks very similar to my first semester schedule.
(Calc 1, Chem 1, Psychology, Philosophy, First year Sem.)

Just a suggestion, maybe in your second semester, you can fit in another
science class like Physics I or something, it might help you focus
more on other classes like Bio or Orgo if your not so good at them.