[first post!!]Future DAT problem?!?? Little help please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drstyller

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm very new to this forum and very suprised how much useful information I can find here.

I've been searching threads about putting the future DAT date on your online application and found that one shouldn't since dental schools would consider your aplication complete until they get the future DAT score.

My case is that I already took one on the 11th of June and know that I need to take one more, which won't be til 11th of September (since you have to wait 90 days in order to take another DAT).

Also, I haven't submitted the online application although I am planning to do so within this week. Considering that the application won't be sent to D-schools 4-8 weeks after I e-submit it, should I just put the future DAT taking date on the application (expecting my application won't be reviewed til early September), or should I just leave it blank and send it after retaking it?

My concern is that I definitely need to take one more time, and also I feel like I'm lying if I leave that blank.
What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't lie...put your scores and say that you are planning to retake...

lying will always come back to bite you (probably in your interview)

Your plan can work only if your first scores are decent enough that schools don't reject you outright.

If you think you can't get invited for interviews with current scores, you should put the future DAT date.