Finished Last final today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNLV OMS GUNNABE

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness I'm done. This semester was definately a beast. Monday it's off to Boston for summer research at Forsyth. Half way done with dental school!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I too celebrate the last final of the semester. This was probably the toughest one yet. It hopefully slows down after the Jul. 12th boards. See ya in the fall Wannabe, have fun in Boston.

Who are you doing research with at forsyth UNLV. I did research there last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bruce Paster. He does micro. Do you know him or about him? How is it there? I hope it will be worth my time.

Col Sanders said:
I too celebrate the last final of the semester. This was probably the toughest one yet. It hopefully slows down after the Jul. 12th boards. See ya in the fall Wannabe, have fun in Boston.

I thought you guys have a summer term at UNLV

Lucky SOB!

We, at Nova, still have one more week left of exams! Counting them down! This past week we've already completed 5 final exams and this upcoming week we have 10 more to go:

Monday, May 10th:
Ortho Final Exam
Ortho Final Practical

Tuesday, May 11th:
Periodontology IV Final Exam
Oral Medicine Final Exam

Wednesday, May 12th:
Radiology II Final Exam
Endodontic II Final Exam

Thursday, May 13th:
Oral Surgery I Final Exam
Fixed Pros Final Exam
Fixed Pros Practical Final Exam (PFM prep #12 & 13, then provisionalize)

Friday, May 14th:
Pedodontics II Final Exam

Then it's officially completing the D2 year and become a D3!! Half way completed of becoming a Dental Medical Doctor degree!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Just curious, what did you do for your ortho practical? And I thought you were doing removable pros this semester not fixed? Maybe I'm wrong.

For ortho practicals, we bend wires to specific shapes and bends, like helix loops, activating bends, omega loops! Different thickness wires into different shapes and loops.

This entire year we had Removable and Fixed! Last semester, first semester 2nd year, we had RPD for Removable and Crowns for Fixed. This semester, 2nd semester 2nd year, we had Full dentures for Removable and Bridges for Fixed. Basically, we had an entire year of Removable and Fixed. We finished our Full-Dentures final and Practical exams last week!

Hope that clears up a bit!

Yikes Yah-E! Ten more finals...painful. It is certainly nice to be done. Good luck big guy. Hey Wanabe, good luck and have fun out at Forsythe. Are you going to try to catch a Sox game? Should be fun...

Yah-E said:
Lucky SOB!

We, at Nova, still have one more week left of exams! Counting them down! This past week we've already completed 5 final exams and this upcoming week we have 10 more to go:

Monday, May 10th:
Ortho Final Exam
Ortho Final Practical

Tuesday, May 11th:
Periodontology IV Final Exam
Oral Medicine Final Exam

Wednesday, May 12th:
Radiology II Final Exam
Endodontic II Final Exam

Thursday, May 13th:
Oral Surgery I Final Exam
Fixed Pros Final Exam
Fixed Pros Practical Final Exam (PFM prep #12 & 13, then provisionalize)

Friday, May 14th:
Pedodontics II Final Exam

Then it's officially completing the D2 year and become a D3!! Half way completed of becoming a Dental Medical Doctor degree!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sounds like fun. How do they expect you to prepare for these exams when they feed them to you back to back for 2 weeks???

Many dental schools are like this, for some how, some way, they expect you to just do it! For those of us that want to specialize in Ortho, OMFS, Pedo or Endo, it's a pain in our @sses and the pressure does get to you!!

I can't believe you folks are already done! I suppose our faculty decided they needed longer to complete the torture procedure, because we still have 6 weeks of class left! Ugh.
Pray for us while you enjoy your break and/or board study time. Congrats.

UNLV OMS WANABE said:
Bruce Paster. He does micro. Do you know him or about him? How is it there? I hope it will be worth my time.

It will be but I would think that working with someone in OMS would be better if that's what you want to do? One summer isn't very much time to do something (I worked at Forsyth for a summer). I really liked working there though, the people are all very nice and it's easy to get things (animals, supplies, reagents, dishes...) which makes for less headaches.

Fall semester, we started in the first week of August and for Winter semester, we started right after New Years, Jan 2nd! I know some dental school don't start until end of August and until mid-Jan for 2nd semester.

We have 18-week semesters (including a week of scheduled final exams) here at Nova!