Finch, Drexel, GT and GW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spinestudent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the secondaries like for Finch, Drexel, Georgetown, and GW?

1) Do any of them screen based on gpa/mcat?
2) What are the letter requirements for each? Do you have to use their own forms?
3) About how long are they?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Drexel: Everyone gets a secondary. Simple form that resembles a Wal-Mart job application, asking you to repeat some info on the AMCAS (vol. exp, activities, schools attended, etc). Photo required. They request your committee letter.

Basically, you just send them the money. *They require a money order or certified check. My bank was going to charge me $10 to certify my check, so I went to the post office, they charge $0.95 if I remember correctly for a money order.*

Georgetown: Everyone gets a secondary. Easy form, you just need to more or less just sign it, paste your photo. ESSAY: Enclose a one page essay, Why do you want to attend G-Town? Request committee letter.

GW: Easy
http://www.gwumc.edu/edu/admis/pdf/2004_Sup_MD_Application.pdf

SJBX,

concerning drexel....if our undergrad has no committee that writes letters, any idea what you substitute?

Members don't see this ad :)
GW does not screen either.

Georgetown's secondary just asks you to write an essay on your reasons for applying there. The fee is $100.

GW makes you fill out your premed requirements, write a few sentences about what you're doing this year (either coursework or, if you graduated, what you're doing now) and then write a paragraph about why you're applying to GW. It's very short because you have a limited amount of space on the form and you can't attach additional sheets. I think the fee is $65 or $75, something like that.

Neither school screens before sending secondaries. I think both schools give you the option of sending a premed committee letter or submitting 3 individual letters from science and/or nonscience professors. I don't remember the details because I sent a committee letter instead of individual LORs.

Drexel wants 3 (2 science) and G-Town wants 2 LORs.

Originally posted by spinestudent
SJBX,

concerning drexel....if our undergrad has no committee that writes letters, any idea what you substitute?

I used Interfolio.com, a letter service, to acccumulate 5 confidential letters from professors. I then fired off this package with a cover letter including my amcas ID. It seems to have worked fine even for schools which requested a committee letter.