gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have a scholarship throughout my undergraduate studies, and parents that paid for groceries and other such expenses. However, I will be starting my first year of medical school this fall and was not offered any merit scholarships and will be unable to receive any financial support from my parents due to personal reasons. I have completed the FAFSA and am waiting to hear back in regards to loans and financial aid, but I have no idea how I can pay for other expenses. What is the best way to pay for living expenses, groceries, etc. as someone who is completely on their own now? Any input would be very appreciated! Thank you!
You will be eligible for federally insured loans that cover the cost of attendance (at all but one MD school) if your school has been open for more than two years.
You may also be a candidate for school specific awards and local, state and private scholarships after matriculation.
There are also payback programs such as the NHSC for those going into primary care.
The financial aid office at your school will provide you with all these (and many more!) details.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.