Financial Aid Info Thread...links inside!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Note: Most of these links do not work at the moment due to the server change. I will begin changing them over this weekend, so don't fret!!

I have compiled a list of threads from the past that people may be interested in for this year's Financial Aid process. Feel free to add any that you think are relevant!
I hope this is helpful!! :D
KyGrl

EFC numbers

Putting parents' info on FAFSA

More EFC numbers

What if FA package isn't enough?

Interest Rates and Consolidation info

Paying interest on Subsidized loans

Loan Lenders

Waitlists and FA

Consolidate Undergrad loans?

More consolidation info

Armed Services options

More military info

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
that's really nice of you. thanks! :)

Bumping this to the top for people who don't know it's here. :D

Happy FAFSA'ing.

Thanks, KyGirl! :)

On the FAFSA, after you enter your school code, it asks if you are going to be on-campus, off-campus, or living with parents. What if you don't know yet? Does it really make a difference whether you are on or off campus?

Originally posted by Hobbes01
On the FAFSA, after you enter your school code, it asks if you are going to be on-campus, off-campus, or living with parents. What if you don't know yet? Does it really make a difference whether you are on or off campus?
doesnt mean anything. has no bearing on your EFC. The med schools all have an individual fixed yearly budget for the total cost of tuition, fees, insurance, books, living expenses, etc, and that wont be affected as well.

Thanks for the info DW!!

KyGrlDr2B,
maybe you should hyperlink this thread in the "sticky" post in this forum?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DW
KyGrlDr2B,
maybe you should hyperlink this thread in the "sticky" post in this forum?

Good idea! :idea:

A special thanks to Harry Truman for finding this link to Tulane's website that compares different loan lenders:

Lender Comparison

Shew! With the new server, I thought I lost this thread and all of those links!!!! I have also updated the sticky at the top of the forum. :cool:

dear KyGrlDr2B,

i still can't get the links on top to work, b/c of the server change i guess. can u please help or suggest work-around?

ty
>ashy

Ok guys, bear with me because all of these links are gone because of the server change. I really don't have time to go through and find them all right now...I'm really behind in my phys class. (I'm still in school until July 3.) What I will do is go through a few at a time and update it and make a new thread. I'm sorry for the inconvenience because I know everyone is working on loans and stuff. Please be patient with it.

dear KyGrlDr2B,

stay on top of your classes, g'luck!

Just a tip for converting old thread links to new ones, the url of the old was in this format:

http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=*****

New format:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=*****

***** = The Number of the thread
Just change the *****'s and wah-lah!

Actually, the new links are already updated in a sticky at the top of the page...I did it last week. And I added new ones. So this thread can just die ;).

Originally posted by KyGrlDr2B
Actually, the new links are already updated in a sticky at the top of the page...I did it last week. And I added new ones. So this thread can just die ;).

hehe, didn't see the sticky when i posted. thx kygrl :)