Fill in the blanks (Calculations)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasonkido

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the naplex yesterday 7/28. i realized that they were about 5 fill in the blank calculations that caught me off guard. I thought the naplex was all multiple choice from what I read. Has past exams had these? I'm really praying that they were experimental because two of the questions I was really stumped on and had to make a complete guess. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the naplex yesterday 7/28. i realized that they were about 5 fill in the blank calculations that caught me off guard. I thought the naplex was all multiple choice from what I read. Has past exams had these? I'm really praying that they were experimental because two of the questions I was really stumped on and had to make a complete guess. Any thoughts?

Interesting - I had two - a tpn calculation and an elimination rate question. Both were pretty straightforward though (meaning no crazy extra steps).

Were you able to answer any of them with confidence?

No, not really. It wasn't anything like meq, mosm or isotonicity. It was a really tricky worded calculation question. The other fill in the blanks were very easy though.

No, not really. It wasn't anything like meq, mosm or isotonicity. It was a really tricky worded calculation question. The other fill in the blanks were very easy though.

Hmm... Five does seem like a lot - What order did you have them in (was the difficult one first?). The Naplex is a "punish me" exam, typically revisiting topics you struggle with.

Regardless, sounds like you did better with the other few.

Members don't see this ad :)

HAD THE SAME THING. VERY TRICKY. DID HAVE TO GUESS ALSO. qUESTION SEEMED INCOMPLETE. NOT ENOUGH INFO TO DO CALC.
GOOD LUCK!

Those were probably pilot questions. That's the only explanation that I can come up with...

I had quite a few fill-in-the-blank calculation questions. I didn't do any bookkeeping on the exact number, but I'm fairly sure it was more than 5 questions. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12...

Just found out I passed with a 98 today which to my standards is barely passing. Both my brother and sister who took the test years ago pass with scores of over 120 and my cousin who passed it last year earned a 130.

I'm just glad its over with and now I have to pass the law portion which I am taking tomorrow.

Just found out I passed with a 98 today which to my standards is barely passing. Both my brother and sister who took the test years ago pass with scores of over 120 and my cousin who passed it last year earned a 130.

That's too bad. Everyone that gets a 120+ receives a gold medallion...

I didn't mean to sound elitist or anything. I just felt it was a little bit too close for comfort.