Figuring Out Cost of Attendance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naivevetstudent

C/O 2027
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m currently in the process of deciding between two schools, both OOS (I did not get into IS). I am trying to choose the cheapest option but every resource I find is different as far as finances.

I found the schools’ COA estimates for 22-23 as well as previous years that put the schools within a 10k range of each other (317-307k) but VIN has them at a much different rate.

Are there any better resources anyone knows of? I also want to factor in COL.

I understand I’m unfortunately going to struggle financially either way (and it’s making me second-guess going at all, but I know it’s what I want to do and it’s just nerves) but I don’t want to give up OOS because I doubt I’ll get into my IS any time soon given my stats.

Is a 10k difference that big (asking those who are in the process of paying) in the grand scheme of things? Am I stressing for nothing?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The VIN estimates include things like projected tuition increases based on previous trends, so that might account for the difference. You can look at the AAVMC cost comparison tool too.

Cost of living is a bit difficult to pin down because it depends a lot on you and your habits, but there are a few websites where you can compare different cities.

10k isn't a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, even factoring in the interest that will be added on top of it. It's unlikely to change your monthly payments or the forgiveness taxes (if you go that route) substantially.

Reactions: 1 users