fifth letter of recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalstudent58394

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I would like some advice on my letters of recommendation. So far I have..

2 science professors
General dentist
Oral surgeon
ER doctor

I am not sure if I should pick between the oral surgeon and the ER doctor or try and submit all 5? I have worked for the oral surgeon for over a year. The ER doctor I also worked with for a year and was her nanny on the side so she knows me on a personal level. I really think both letters would be great but I’m not sure how I would go about submitting 5 letters. Let me know what you guys think!!

Members don't see this ad.

You're applying to dental school? Go with the oral surgeon if you need a 4th

hey guys,

2 science professors
General dentist
Oral surgeon
ER doctor

I am not sure if I should pick between the oral surgeon and the ER doctor or try and submit all 5? I have worked for the oral surgeon for over a year. The ER doctor I also worked with for a year and was her nanny on the side so she knows me on a personal level. I really think both letters would be great but I’m not sure how I would go about submitting 5 letters. Let me know what you guys think!!
Through the AADSAS you are only allowed to submit 4 letters. So you will have to select one. I see the merits of both letters. I would select the person that you think will write you the strongest letter.

hey guys,

2 science professors
General dentist
Oral surgeon
ER doctor

Committee letter if your school offers
ER doc only as a character personal reference otherwise may look like you were switching from med to dent and used your intended Med app letter

Reactions: 1 user