Field Trip Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanman

O.G.
Reaction score
This got brought to my attention recently and I was curious about what the board thinks. I know there have been some interesting discussions of the research in the past.

Field Trip Health

Members don't see this ad.

Not a literature that I am super familiar with, particularly the newest stuff, but it was my thought that we were still largely within the experimental phase for this stuff? Wasn't the VA in the middle of a large trial?

Personally, I've never done any psychedelic. I've heard mushrooms are fun. Don't know anything else really.

Members don't see this ad :)
The marketing says psychedelics all over the webpage but it looks like they only give low doses of ketamine along with talk therapy. I’ve read about higher doses of ketamine for severe depression but not sure if there’s also any support for this approach.

Seems like it is mostly Ketamine at this point, which I know has had some success with severe depression. I am also not familiar with the literature. The folks starting the company are largely from the cannibis industry though. The therapists are all master's level and I was not impressed with the training backgrounds of them or many of the psychiatrists. There is a "chief psychologist" that works with the leadership team.

Working in a state where this is legal, my clinical experience is the effects of ketamine infusions are not long lasting. I've inherited patients who have tried this treatment and are still suffering from depression. It's a restricted range, sure, but like anything, the treatment is not a miracle.

Weirdly, they also never tried a true CT protocol for depression either.

I think with ketamine and psychedelic there has been tremendous injection into the popular conscious about them being silver bullets. I'm also interested in how they are getting repackaged from heroic doses to micro doses in certain corporate cultures. I've read Michael Pollan's book on them. But, I'm wondering if it's headed down the road like McMindfulness and that company definitely has a McKetamine feel to it. I wonder how they're funding all this growth.

I only have some small n anecdotal stuff with regards to the ketamine stuff, we also have that in town here. I've only seen a handful of people or two who had tried that, and they were still very symptomatic afterwards. Though, I suppose if they were doing very well, they probably wouldn't be presenting to the clinics I was consulting for at the time :)

Reactions: 1 user
Working in a state where this is legal, my clinical experience is the effects of ketamine infusions are not long lasting. I've inherited patients who have tried this treatment and are still suffering from depression. It's a restricted range, sure, but like anything, the treatment is not a miracle.

Literature on IV ketamine suggest that optimistically you can get maybe two weeks of improvement with a single infusion. Repeated infusions are a thing but that gets incredibly pricey incredibly quickly. I saw someone on consults whose previous psychiatrist had recommended he get an IV port placed to make repeated infusions easier.

Said psychiatrist later stopped practicing because of federal charges relating to inappropriate prescribing of narcotics. Shocking, I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Literature on IV ketamine suggest that optimistically you can get maybe two weeks of improvement with a single infusion. Repeated infusions are a thing but that gets incredibly pricey incredibly quickly. I see someone on consults whose previous psychiatrist had recommended he get an IV port placed to make repeated infusions easier.

Said psychiatrist later stopped practicing because of federal charges relating to inappropriate prescribing of narcotics. Shocking, I know.
Don't they have a nasal spray now?