Ferkauf PsyD Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EnbyPsyD

Reaction score
I applied to Yeshiva Ferkauf’s PsyD program and I was wondering if anyone attends the school or has at least interviewed there and could tell me some pros and cons that I wouldn’t find from reading their website. I really like the program and am hoping to go, so I’d love to learn more!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Enby
You can search the forum and I'm sure there are some posts talking about Ferkauf. Based on my memory, most of the feedbacks are somewhat negative.

Reactions: 1 user
I volunteered at a therapy center that had a majority of ferkauf psyd students as student trainees under supervision for various things.

The reviews erre mostly negative, and they said there were a lot of issues of where the department actually fit in. They said with issues they'd go to yeshiva and be told the department was under another institution (I cant remember if it was Albert einstein college of medicine or just ferkauf itself?) and vice versa and neither institute really wanted to "claim" the program and they were bounced around a lot. (I assume they meant for more things like idk financial aid, etc? I'm not sure though). I just remember a few students telling me this as a big downer, that it was sort of split between 2 colleges which ended up meaning it kind of belonged to neither.

For what it's worth the students were nice but they seemed very naive, sheltered, privileged, and even judgmental for the sort of work we were doing. They were all very nice though and adapted fairly quickly.

The other downside is its location. You are aware it's an hour+commute to Manhattan on public transport right?

That's about all I know

Last edited:
For what it's worth the students were nice but they seemed very naive, sheltered, privileged, and even judgmental for the sort of work we were doing. They were all very nice though and adapted fairly quickly.

I have interacted with several Ferkauf students and I completely agree with this. According to a co-extern, their funding is downright awful, but most students don't need to worry about loans anyway (privileged). I obviously can't truly speak to the quality of their work, but a bunch of trainees and grads seem to work at reputable sites around nyc. So training may be decent. I have a bit more info from my co-extern but probably shouldn't post publicly, so OP can feel free to PM me if you like.