This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auntymarkovnikov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is in less than a month. I read through Cliffs one time and made flash cards on all the destroyer bio problems. I wanted to know you guys think would be most efficient/effective in addition to studying my destroyer flashcards: reading over Feralis, rereading Cliffs, or simply downloading the Feralis anki flashcards deck from bootcamp and just studying those. (Note: I've taken only one bio class, so bio is my weakest section ATM)

Members don't see this ad.

I read through feralis carefully and supplemented the information by watching crash course videos on youtube and taking down notes from the videos. Therefore, I would be able to learn the information through reading the notes and then the videos helped me visualize and learn it even better. I ended up with a 23 in Bio which is not the highest score you'll see on the forums but I think it's still pretty good.

Another tip I would give you for the Bio section: make you sure understand the broad concepts/processes and not necessarily the small, very specific details. For example, know how the different systems in the body work and how they fit together. I didn't concern myself as much with the very specific facts because it was a lot of detail and sometimes you lose sight of the bigger picture.

Reactions: 1 user
i think there are close to 3000 cards in Feralis anki deck... that would be a lot to get memorize in less than a month. I would focus on reading and watching youtube videos, making cards for the details YOU do not understand

Members don't see this ad :)
Memorizing feralis is quite manageable if you already did cliffnotes. I suggest this. Also be smart about what information to leave out, for example feralis has all the steps of prophase 1 which there is no way you will ever have to know. I personally disliked the anki flashcards and made my own on quizlet. I studied for the DAT for 5 weeks and made flashcards I think the last 2 weeks and it helped a lot.

Since you already read through Cliff's once, I would give the notes a try, though I may be biased.

Also the Anki deck is kind of outdated - I believe it was based on the first version of my notes that got released so it's not very up to date (I didn't make the deck).

Thanks everyone! Feralis notes (not Anki), YouTube videos, and destroyer.. ima try this trio out ‍♂️

I used mostly feralis but reviewed a little with anki like 1-2 weeks before the exam.
I memorized feralis basically haha but videos on youtube were definitely helpful (and reading cliff's first). i actually ended up making my own flashcards with basically ferlias on them (and im usually against flashcards but this time it was helpful i believe)