Fellowship Opportunity at Stanford Department of Dermatology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stanford Derm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would have been nice if the availability of the position was advertised to applicants earlier, instead of one month before the fellow has to start and obtain CA licensing.

some peeps just can't be pleased...maybe it would have been better for him not to post it at all, huh?

i'm sure the OP waited to post this position late, just to F with potential applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
As usual, just like in another thread when someone asked about bad programs, you butt it this thread as well to be the troglodyte joker, or more like joke, that you are. If you knew anything, sore eye asses (emphasis on the last word), you would know how long state medical licensing usually takes, esp. in California. The match happened in March, so by then most fellowship directors know if they will have an open spot for that July, and have interviewed since. And Dr. Kim is a female, not a male. Now go scamper off troll.

So easy to get under your skin, haha...

Nobody agrees with your post because it's ******ed. Sorry.

So easy to get under your skin, haha...

Nobody agrees with your post because it's ******ed. Sorry.

No, you don't have the power to make me angry or get under my skin, much to your chagrin, I'm sure.

"Nobody agrees with your post because it's ******ed", considering your n=1, a.k.a. YOU, that hardly means ANYTHING. You are ASSuming. You know what happens when you do that right?

Your actual response/comeback is, "Nobody agrees with your post because it's ******ed. Sorry.", then it proves what little credibility you have. "Nyah, Nyah, nobody agrees with you. It's ******ed!!" What are you in 3rd grade?

No, seriously, it's gratuitously nitpicky. When you get it in your mind to post something like that, just don't and pretend you did.

No, seriously, it's gratuitously nitpicky. When you get it in your mind to post something like that, just don't and pretend you did.

It's not "gratuitously nitpicky" at all, especially for the fellowship applicant that would have to buy a ticket last minute to fly out for the interview, and if they were selected for the fellowship position, move at the last moment and find a place to live in California, etc. These things take time, if you want to save money instead of burning it unnecessarily. Try setting up a flight out to California this week, and see how much the price would be vs. set up at least 2 weeks in advance. Do you even know how long it takes for medical board licensing approval for a full license, not even a training license? More than 1 month at least depending on when the board meets.

Just as you continue to freely post things even when they have no actual value, fact or reality, I will continue to post as well. As you are thoroughly unmatched and the loser in this debate on something you have no knowledge of hence your spinning, I'll let you have the last word. Maybe you can make the comment again, "you must huff a lot of glue," as you did for Miss155. Go ahead, make it a good one.

Dermviser,

you and I are not so different...

-we both are gigantic losers who have nothing better to do than argue with each other on an anonymous website on memorial day when we should be out partying with friends
-we both spend too much time on sdn in general
-we both have a very thin cyberskin, and avidly defend our avatars at the slightest sign of dissenting opinion

the only real difference between you and me is that your posts suck and mine don't.

I'd like to share with you a Buddhist proverb that has always meant a great deal to me:

"Dermviser can write any sort of rebuttle he pleases, but his posts will continue to suck while sore eye will continue to delight with general awesomeness. it's just the nature of the universe."

Great job!

It's not "gratuitously nitpicky" at all, especially for the fellowship applicant that would have to buy a ticket last minute to fly out for the interview, and if they were selected for the fellowship position, move at the last moment and find a place to live in California, etc. These things take time, if you want to save money instead of burning it unnecessarily. Try setting up a flight out to California this week, and see how much the price would be vs. set up at least 2 weeks in advance. Do you even know how long it takes for medical board licensing approval for a full license, not even a training license? More than 1 month at least depending on when the board meets.

Just as you continue to freely post things even when they have no actual value, fact or reality, I will continue to post as well. As you are thoroughly unmatched and the loser in this debate on something you have no knowledge of hence your spinning, I'll let you have the last word. Maybe you can make the comment again, "you must huff a lot of glue," as you did for Miss155. Go ahead, make it a good one.

Do you have a house? Do you do much housework? In order to complete these household tasks, you will need a great number of tools. You, however, will not need a toolshed, because you already have one. You see it every time you look in the mirror.

Dermviser,

you and I are not so different...

-we both are gigantic losers who have nothing better to do than argue with each other on an anonymous website on memorial day when we should be out partying with friends
-we both spend too much time on sdn in general
-we both have a very thin cyberskin, and avidly defend our avatars at the slightest sign of dissenting opinion

the only real difference between you and me is that your posts suck and mine don't.

I'd like to share with you a Buddhist proverb that has always meant a great deal to me:

"Dermviser can write any sort of rebuttle he pleases, but his posts will continue to suck while sore eye will continue to delight with general awesomeness. it's just the nature of the universe."

Great job!

Ok, so finally, I can count ONE of your posts that actually made me laugh esp. the "Buddhist proverb". Touché to you fine sir.

Ok, so finally, I can count ONE of your posts that actually made me laugh esp. the "Buddhist proverb". Touché to you fine sir.

Much like the rogue sperm (whose entire genetic material must have been dedicated to swimming upstream, and then quitting soonafter) that produced your life, it only takes one.

Much like the rogue sperm (whose entire genetic material must have been dedicated to swimming upstream, and then quitting soonafter) that produced your life, it only takes one.

Hence proving the expression wrong that quitters finish last. I would say your jokes are more analogous to a broken clock being right twice a day. Hence eventually, one of your jokes is bound to be funny, whether intentional or not.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I measured sore eye's pissing distance to be ~5.6 feet. Dermviser measured in at around 5.4 ft. Sore eye slightly wins.

Hence proving the expression wrong that quitters finish last. I would say your jokes are more analogous to a broken clock being right twice a day. Hence eventually, one of your jokes is bound to be funny, whether intentional or not.

continuing this argument with you (if that's what it can be called) is akin to beating up a child, in that you're absurdly outmatched, but then I don't have anything better to do, and i like hitting kids.

I measured sore eye's pissing distance to be ~5.6 feet. Dermviser measured in at around 5.4 ft. Sore eye slightly wins.

I love when you measure my pissing distance. But don't forget to add the length of my manhood! Brings it up to 5.61 feet!

and c'mon, let's be honest here. dermviser's never pissed over two feet in his life. and pissing in his pants and then walking 6 feet does not count! even in his home state of alabama.

all silliness aside, i'm right and dermviser is wrong. he knows it too, but pride has prevented him from admitting it.

his OP was useless and should have remained in the confines of his dopey brain.

This fellowship will allow someone to take steps toward achieving their career goals. So what if it's only a month away? completely irrelevant, along with each of dermviser's arguments.

regarding my screen name, it's a clever play on words that has gained near universal appreciation. only a choice few dullards have pointed out the obvious naughty word and used it in a failed attempt at humor.

and hey dermviser, you're not in the best position to comment on another person's sense of humor when you so obviously lack one of your own. it's like mike tyson giving a lecture on good parenting techniques.

Last edited:
all silliness aside, i'm right and dermviser is wrong. he knows it too, but pride has prevented him from admitting it.

his OP was useless and should have remained in the confines of his dopey brain.

This fellowship will allow someone to take steps toward achieving their career goals. So what if it's only a month away? completely irrelevant, along with each of dermviser's arguments.

regarding my screen name, it's a clever play on words that has gained near universal appreciation. only a choice few dullards have pointed out the obvious naughty word and used it in a failed attempt at humor.

and hey dermviser, you're not in the best position to comment on another person's sense of humor when you so obviously lack one of your own. it's like mike tyson giving a lecture on good parenting techniques.

"all silliness aside, i'm right and dermviser is wrong." --- Well, gosh golly gee, you've convinced me! Still talking like a 3rd grader I see. Well, actually I would say even a 3rd grader would have understood this by now.

Someone not laughing at your supposed jokes, doesn't mean the person doesn't have a sense of humor. It means the only joke is yourself. Just because you are too dense to understand my argument, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This is why you just dismiss them as out right as "irrelevant" without giving any substance or counterargument.

The logistics are quite clear (i.e. setting up a flight, paying hundreds of dollars extra at last minute, staying at a hotel that night booked last minute to interview the next day, getting your LOR writers to mail/fax their letters over last minute, as well as sending over board scores, Dean's letters, transcripts, etc. last minute, then waiting for a decision to be made if chosen: moving, deciding where to live, as well as getting full licensure approval by a board that meets about once a month all in a time to start July 1).

If you think this can all be done in 1 month or less, then you are quite delusional. I didn't say the fellowship itself wouldn't achieve a fellow achieve his/her career goals. I know strawman arguments are easier for you to create and knock over, than for you to win real ones.

You have no argument. Your points are silly. You are wrong, and you know it. Nothing changes. Your OP was useless as were your many feeble attempts to defend it.

And it's fine to keep calling me a 3rd grader. Just remember that this 10 year old is giving you a serious spanking while exposing you as the phony dimwit you are.

...If you think this can all be done in 1 month or less, then you are quite delusional...

i guess the OP was delusional too, to have thought that someone would be willing to go through all that effort to secure a fellowship spot.

I don't need to develop arguments against what you've said because it's inherently wrong.

you are your own saboteur. your arguments are weak and reek of desperation.

Dermviser,

In the wise words of Tom Petty,

You got lucky…When I found you.

For the first (and only) time, people are paying attention to your posts. The moment I decide to quit this discussion people will go back to ignoring your posts, while I continue to have a strong following. In a way, you need me to keep reaming you. Otherwise you're just tapping keys and pressing buttons, whiling your vapid life away as no one notices. You're unoriginal and boring. Face it and enjoy the 15 minutes I've allowed you to suckle at my teat (yes, I have a teat, and it's glorious).

So, I'll do now what you tried (and failed) to do several posts ago. I'll give you the last word because I'm officially tired of this thread. Bantering with you is like trying to explain to a precocious 3 year old why it's bad to take candy from strangers. It just is! Feel free to go into another diatribe about my not being funny (with 6 months of posting history to the contrary, and numerous supporters). Or maybe keep trying to convince me and others (but mostly just yourself at this point because surely you have to be wondering why you ever posted something so irrelevant and dopey) how the OP was somehow inconveniencing a group of people by offering a derm fellowship on the SDN dermboard.

Last edited:
When this fracas first started I was all, "whoa, maybe this guy might put the smack down on old Sore Eye, he seems like he might know a few things". With schadenfreude firmly in hand (sorry Sore eye, I love you and all, but it's fun to watch our heroes crash and burn) I scrolled down to find that, once again, Sore eye had turned the tables on another young unfortunate. He's like an SDN forum ninja! Please Sore Eye, you really must never use your powers for evil. Or at least, nothing super-evil. Sorry I ever doubted you.

When this fracas first started I was all, "whoa, maybe this guy might put the smack down on old Sore Eye, he seems like he might know a few things". With schadenfreude firmly in hand (sorry Sore eye, I love you and all, but it's fun to watch our heroes crash and burn) I scrolled down to find that, once again, Sore eye had turned the tables on another young unfortunate. He's like an SDN forum ninja! Please Sore Eye, you really must never use your powers for evil. Or at least, nothing super-evil. Sorry I ever doubted you.

Yes, turned the tables on me, by ignoring facts, whining, and giving himself his own circle jerk. Yes he got me! I agree though sore eye ASSes is needed on this forum as a reminder of what a joke he is of knowing a whole lot of nothing on any subject matter. "while I continue to have a strong following," "You are wrong, and you know it," and of course namecalling without anything extra, etc. Such great powers of persuasion. Maybe you can go back to the bad programs thread, and get your behind kicked there verbally, that is if you're not too busy "huffing glue" as you mentioned to the OP there. Good luck to you! I'll now let you have the last word again, or more accurately, last insult with nothing more to add, as that is what you do best. At least with Fidicinal, sore eye asses, has someone else to join his circle.

Last edited:
Funny ePeen thread.

Seriously though, we know all about the initial post SEA posted in the 'bad programs' thread, but in their defense...as far as this original post goes, there are probably a good few people in CA who are finishing intern year who will be licensed to practice in CA who could conceivably go directly into this fellowship. Yes, it may suck that other people may not be 'eligible' but the original post is surely useful to some people...no rule about any post being applicable to everyone.

Granted, you never implied that, Dermvisor, but your original post could be perceived as being a bit harsh. No prob, ePeen contest off. heh.