Fellowship Letter of Intent/Cover Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TriShPharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a P4 pharmacy student, and I'm currently considering about the industry fellowship. I did some research and made some of my choice. But I got a little confused when I was asked to submit a letter of intent.

I understand that for the residency program, the letter of intent is a statement of your interest, career goal, and your advantages. But for the fellowship program, I'm not clear about what should be included in the letter of intent. I asked my classmates and searched online, but could hardly get anything about the letter of intent for fellowship application.

Could anyone help me to clarify what should be in the letter of intent for fellowship? If there is a sample, it would be great...

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

As I looked into the forum for "fellowship", I noticed a few posts with a lot of "views" but zero "replies". It seems there are a number of people who developed interest with fellowship recently like me, and couldn't find the "As" for all the "Qs". I found a useful post here:
http://www.pharmacyfellowships.com/residency-vs-fellowship.html

If anyone has questions related to fellowship, or even better, has answers for the questions, please post here and we can share our information.

It seems to be late at this time to start writing the documents. But I think there is still time. I am not the kind of guy who is totally clear about the future career path. And I think I'm not the only one in this kind of situation. So please share your questions and your information with all the people who need it.

Thanks~ :)

Some posts are just so facepalm-inducing that I personally lack the willpower to give a real answer...

Reminds me of the "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" adage...

As I looked into the forum for "fellowship", I noticed a few posts with a lot of "views" but zero "replies". It seems there are a number of people who developed interest with fellowship recently like me, and couldn't find the "As" for all the "Qs". I found a useful post here:
http://www.pharmacyfellowships.com/residency-vs-fellowship.html

If anyone has questions related to fellowship, or even better, has answers for the questions, please post here and we can share our information.

It seems to be late at this time to start writing the documents. But I think there is still time. I am not the kind of guy who is totally clear about the future career path. And I think I'm not the only one in this kind of situation. So please share your questions and your information with all the people who need it.

Thanks~ :)

The content for a letter of intent is the same for residency, fellowship, or any job for that matter.