Fellowship interviews - reading too much into interview schedule order

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinacol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The classic paranoia mid-interview season is setting in for me. I've had 6 fellowship interviews so far and for all 6 I have been scheduled last with the PD. At first I thought nothing of it, but now with the sixth schedule in hand, I'm starting to feel a little paranoid that I'm being seen at the end of the day consistently when all the PDs are tired. Is this a bad thing? I'm sure it actually doesn't mean anything and I'm just letting my GAD get the best of me, but was wondering if anyone else has been noticing this?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our program always does the PD interview last. It's a chance to ask any additional questions that weren't addressed by other interviewers/fellows, and wraps up the day.

The classic paranoia mid-interview season is setting in for me. I've had 6 fellowship interviews so far and for all 6 I have been scheduled last with the PD. At first I thought nothing of it, but now with the sixth schedule in hand, I'm starting to feel a little paranoid that I'm being seen at the end of the day consistently when all the PDs are tired. Is this a bad thing? I'm sure it actually doesn't mean anything and I'm just letting my GAD get the best of me, but was wondering if anyone else has been noticing this?
I think you mean that you are the PDs last person of the day, not that the PD is your last person of the day. This is totally random and set up by the program coordinator generally based on absolutely nothing but chance. PDs won't be tired at the end of the interview day.