Fellowship after graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dzaRX

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on applying for a fellowship few months out of graduation?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for upcoming year and I graduated this year

Hope you have spending your time out of school working on/acquiring skills that are desirable to the sponsor companies. I would strongly advise to look for contract work as opposed to a fellowship. Then there's the 1000 new grads to compete with. "I wonder how many kiddies gonna be line this year" last yr ~ 600 :whoa:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope you have spending your time out of school working on/acquiring skills that are desirable to the sponsor companies. I would strongly advise to look for contract work as opposed to a fellowship. Then there's the 1000 new grads to compete with. "I wonder how many kiddies gonna be line this year" last yr ~ 600 :whoa:

Could you explain what you mean by contract work? I have heard that term used in reference to industry but I'm not sure what that means or what position that would be? Are you talking about being a drug rep?

Could you explain what you mean by contract work? I have heard that term used in reference to industry but I'm not sure what that means or what position that would be? Are you talking about being a drug rep?

Contract work refers to working as a contractor indefinitely or temporarily for a company. Alot of job listings will say 6+ month contracting opportunity. After not getting a fellowship I became a contractor, the position was originally 6 months (however I was aware they could extend me), I was extended and worked 9 months total before finding a full time job.

You dont get benefits working as a contractor, however the contracting company you work for might offer services in exchange for part of your salary. My salary was 60,000 so I decided against that. It can be any job in industry, not just drug rep.

Reactions: 1 user
Contract work refers to working as a contractor indefinitely or temporarily for a company. Alot of job listings will say 6+ month contracting opportunity. After not getting a fellowship I became a contractor, the position was originally 6 months (however I was aware they could extend me), I was extended and worked 9 months total before finding a full time job.

You dont get benefits working as a contractor, however the contracting company you work for might offer services in exchange for part of your salary. My salary was 60,000 so I decided against that. It can be any job in industry, not just drug rep.

can you recommend me any contractor for entry level positions in regulatory affairs?