Feels score is worse and becoming the worst

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nuel

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel my score is going to be worse and worse. Here is the gradation of my emotions concerning April 17:

1) Coming out I thought I had failed. I began swearing that I was going to get a 45T in August.

2) Two weeks later I thought I probably scored at least a 33 and that I was just fretting. But I later realized that my friends and family were luring me into false sense of security. They had said other takers think they flunked, the exam is curved, I am not as dumb as I think I am, etc. just to calm me down. It goes without saying that I think they were lying because I, not they, took the beast on April 17.

3) Now as the release day draws nearer I just can't get 20T out of my head. So I wish time progresses very slowly. I think I am not scared of failing ( I mean less than 30), but that I will have to spend at least 80 hours prepping for this bitch again.

Members don't see this ad.

Nuel said:
3) Now as the release day draws nearer I just can't get 20T . . .

There is no way you wil get a 20T. 20N maybe, but 20T??? Let's be realistic.

evines said:
There is no way you wil get a 20T. 20N maybe, but 20T??? Let's be realistic.

You should have been gracious enough to to say :maybe 25N. not too good

I've been going through the same thing except that at first I thought I had bombed the PS section, but then, I started feeling a little better about it, and then for a while I had not idea how I did overall, and now I'm really worried about the VR. I don't know what to think, some say that the section that you thought you did the worst in will turn out good, some say that the feeling you have right after the test is the most accurate. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Nuel buddy,

I feel your pain. I was comforted by friends and fam in the same manner, I was feeling confident, I kept on telling myself "You studied a lot, you're reasonably intelligent, you did well on 6R....etc"

Then one day it hit me: The MCAT doesn't give a **** about how you did on practice exams, how you did in undergrad or how much you studied - Only thing that matters is which freaking answers you bubbled in on that Saturday.
And I hate, I mean I hate how everyone says "don't worry there's a curve, and everyone thought the exam was difficult" - yes there is a curve, but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to get bumped up to a score they are happy with. The fact is that most people don't break 30, so I realized that comforting myself with the notion of the curve can only lead to disappointment.

As I believe there is a reason for everything, I will accept whatever I have earned. Many people have taken the MCAT multiple times and have applied multiple times. If I didn't do well, as I am predicting, I will accept that perhaps I am meant to work harder for my goal.

Man, I thought I had it bad. I took two real MCATs, two AAMC practice tests, and three TPR practice tests before this one. The only one I wouldn't care to have as a real score is the first TPR practice test in this round of prep. I'm fairly confident, I just want to know how good the news is (how much it will help my low GPA is my real concern).

LUBDUBB said:
Nuel buddy,

Then one day it hit me: The MCAT doesn't give a **** about how you did on practice exams, how you did in undergrad or how much you studied - Only thing that matters is which freaking answers you bubbled in on that Saturday.

Very, very true, given that this was my 2nd time, I studied a lot for this damn test, but who cares, that's excatly why they say the MCAT is not like any of the tests you take during your undergraduate career, Oh, well, I've already prepared myself for the worst. :rolleyes: