Fee Assistance Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackDr2b

JESUS DID IT, NOT ME!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody done the FAP application cuz I have some questions. Thank you for your time, God bless.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I used FAP for my applications

Im having trouble because If you don't file you have to have a w2 and one I dont know where I can get mine from. Did you have a job when you submitted your app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I had a job. I think most organizations should start sending out W2s in the next few weeks.

Im having trouble because If you don't file you have to have a w2 and one I dont know where I can get mine from. Did you have a job when you submitted your app?

Get on the phone with the FAP people, I think there was a way to fill it if you were not employed. Best wishes.

I have a question about this program too. Under my "Financial Information", I keep getting an error saying that I'm putting an incorrect amount of "Non-taxable income". In 2007, I literally only made around $200 from work, and never received any type of governmental aid (except financial aid, which they say to exclude) so I put $0 in the 'non-taxable' field and $200 in the "Income earned from work in 2007" field. As for my parents, I put $0 for them too, because they don't receive any type of Social Security benefits, welfare benefits, veteran's benefits, etc. What am I doing wrong? Am I just misinterpreting the definition of "non taxable income"?

I experienced the same problem the first time I filled out the application. I called the customer service people and they did want me to put all the financial aid I had gotten (all grants/scholarships from school) as non taxable income. They basically want to know how you survived and they dont believe you really make it off your actual income so they want all that data. I got approved two years a row though...thank GOD for that program.

Anyone know how long it takes to recieve fee assistance once your application is submitted.

Also what should I do if my parents dont't file until september-october?
Damn dad always filing extensions.

Anyone know how long it takes to recieve fee assistance once your application is submitted.

Also what should I do if my parents dont't file until september-october?
Damn dad always filing extensions.

Once they recieve you supporting documents they say its is being reviewed. Basically AAMC got mine one friday and they took until the next thursday to say it was being reviewed then they approved me by the friday. (1 week:)) It all depends on how busy they are though.