Federal loans were transferred to FedLoan, so made an account, but can't find my loans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please_Stand_By

Vault Doc
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had Great Lakes and in prep for the transfer to FedLoan (after the employment verification form), so I made a FedLoan account just in case. Now logging into Great Lakes, they confirmed the transfer out, but when logging into FedLoans I don't see any of my old loans. I never even got an email or mail saying for to see them, and now I worry about making the next payment in 2 weeks for it. I don't want my credit score to take a hit with a late payment either.

Anyone else have this problem after loans were transferred to Fedloan?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you logged onto studentloans.gov or called your servicer? Usually you get mail once the transfer is completed. It could take a couple months and usually you are in forbearance while that happens.

I'm dealing with the same issue (loans transferred from Navient to FedLoan).

But when my school transferred loans between servicers a few years ago, I got a 6 month grace period on that loan, which was nice (I still paid on it, and it was a subsidized loan, so no interest accrued, so I knocked down the balance of the loan a fair amount).

So, I figure they'll contact me when they want their money. And by then, I'll have to renew my PAYE certification anyway.