Feasibility of pulm only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinkLithe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do people practice only in pulmonology, without the CCM part? I know it's a lot less popular and the pay is less, but these are mostly irrelevant to me. Over time I think I've realized that though the ICU is cool, I'm probably not naturally meant to thrive in that kind of environment and don't have the natural ability/talent for it. I do love pulmonology though and would find it hard to give up.

So would I still be able to find a job if I trained only in pulmonology?

Members don't see this ad.

Do people practice only in pulmonology, without the CCM part? I know it's a lot less popular and the pay is less, but these are mostly irrelevant to me. Over time I think I've realized that though the ICU is cool, I'm probably not naturally meant to thrive in that kind of environment and don't have the natural ability/talent for it. I do love pulmonology though and would find it hard to give up.

Not anywhere you want, But you Will find one.

If you love it go for it. You will be happy wherever you end up.

To be honest my group would be ecstatic to find a pulm only provider.