[Fe]'ing a suit? (How to)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crax

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone could teach me how to iron a suit, i would appreciate it.
Steps:
- Prep suit/iron (fill with water, not necessary?)
-Turn on Iron (low medium hot)
-Iron (technique & methodology)

FAQ:
-Time frame in reference to suit use (1hr, 24hr, 72hr)
-Do you all iron your shirts & ties as well?

Thanks,
The clueless

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone could teach me how to iron a suit, i would appreciate it.
Steps:
- Prep suit/iron (fill with water, not necessary?)
-Turn on Iron (low medium hot)
-Iron (technique & methodology)

FAQ:
-Time frame in reference to suit use (1hr, 24hr, 72hr)
-Do you all iron your shirts & ties as well?

Thanks,
The clueless

Took a few seconds, but here you go....

http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_4137_iron-suit.html

Google, gotta love it.

thank you! i came across this before but couldnt handle 14 50 second videos.. resorted to forums. am i spoiled?

Members don't see this ad :)
Steam irons are really good for suits or anything of delicate fabric. It ensures that you don't ever burn your suit or do anything like that and you can get one at target for like 50$.

gluck!

First of all, awesome title. Second, make sure you have the iron set on low heat or if there is a wool setting. If you have time/money dry cleaning is the best bet, or at least getting it pressed.

I would leave it for the professionals. Get your suit dry-cleaned and let them steam it for you. To freshen it up in between visits to dry cleaners, and upon your arrival to the hotel put it on a hanger in the bathroom, turn the hot water in the shower for 15 min and leave it hanging in there overnight with the door closed. Voila`!

I would leave it for the professionals. Get your suit dry-cleaned and let them steam it for you. To freshen it up in between visits to dry cleaners, and upon your arrival to the hotel put it on a hanger in the bathroom, turn the hot water in the shower for 15 min and leave it hanging in there overnight with the door closed. Voila`!

I tried the shower thing, and it doesn't work well for deep wrinkles. Make sure you're careful when you pack it. It will get little wrinkles out fine though.

For best results, use distilled water. Next best results: filtered water.