This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmberHSA

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thread for anyone entering (or applying) to the 2018 cycle for FDU Pharmacy School.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have already applied and the school should have received everything in the middle of January. The only thing that is missing is the standardized test. I am currently a master's student and will graduate in May 2018. Undergrad GPA was 3.39 and my current GPA in my master's program is 3.4.

My question is how long does the school take to reply/send for an interview? It has been two weeks so far since I have sent in everything so I am just nervous right now. They might be waiting for my standardized test score (which I will taking soon). But I have heard that the school does invite prospective students before they have received the standardized test score.

I have already applied and the school should have received everything in the middle of January. The only thing that is missing is the standardized test. I am currently a master's student and will graduate in May 2018. Undergrad GPA was 3.39 and my current GPA in my master's program is 3.4.

My question is how long does the school take to reply/send for an interview? It has been two weeks so far since I have sent in everything so I am just nervous right now. They might be waiting for my standardized test score (which I will taking soon). But I have heard that the school does invite prospective students before they have received the standardized test score.

HI! I applied to this school the first week of December and they emailed me back like January 9th. I took my PCAT on January 16th and they interviewed me on the 22nd, so they didn't have my test scores in at the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
HI! I applied to this school the first week of December and they emailed me back like January 9th. I took my PCAT on January 16th and they interviewed me on the 22nd, so they didn't have my test scores in at the time.

Congrats on the interview! How did the interview go? Did you have a writing prompt?

I am going to their open house so I might talk to someone in charge just to make sure they have all my documents since there was an issue with one of them.

Last edited:
The interview went pretty well. It was like 10 minute interviews one on one with four different staff members. It was more like I was having a conversation with them. There's a writing prompt but it's really easy.

The interview went pretty well. It was like 10 minute interviews one on one with four different staff members. It was more like I was having a conversation with them. There's a writing prompt but it's really easy.

What was the writing prompt if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
What was the writing prompt if you don't mind me asking?

I recently took the standardized test but I am personally not happy with the scores so I am wondering if they will weigh heavily on my GPA or the test? Because I still have not heard any response from them for an interview.

It was just a writing prompt with three questions and you have to choose one. One of them was to describe an experience that changed your life. I don't remember the rest of them. Have you heard anything back yet? Good luck

It was just a writing prompt with three questions and you have to choose one. One of them was to describe an experience that changed your life. I don't remember the rest of them. Have you heard anything back yet? Good luck

Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
Hello,

I got interviewed back in December and I don't believe they will weigh one heavier than the other. Go into the interview being yourself and show them why you want to pursue a career in pharmacy. I've committed to FDU (will be starting in Fall 2018) and if anyone is looking for roommates, DM me because I need a place to live (coming from south jersey).

Don't worry everyone you will get into FDU School of Pharmacy. For new students beware of this school. The school will do whatever it takes to trick you into thinking they have such respect for their students but they don't. It's an institution that does not care about students. Our dean just told us that the other day that he does not care for the student when they were discussing the classes. And its not only the P1, its all the pharmacy students that feel overwhelmed with this school. This school is not established like Rutgers and other schools out there. If you do attend this school, realize you are only a number to them. Nothing more. Go to a better school that is worth it. See the pharmacy students don't have a place to study. Most of the students study in other universities, myself included. And to make matters worse, half of the class is on probation. This is horrible. And we have such few professors that actually care for the students but the majority of them including the administration can care less for the students. So just know this before this school fools you into thinking they are good. They are still a new school.

If you need anymore information about this school please contact me

If you need anymore information about this school please contact me
Hi BidMyLife, I sent you a private convo. Looking for help deciding between Rutgers and FDU. The choice is not obvious for me.

Hi BidMyLife, I sent you a private convo. Looking for help deciding between Rutgers and FDU. The choice is not obvious for me.
I mean what is there to discuss? Rutgers lol