FCCS Course sponsored by SCCM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inspirationmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if this course is any good? I am trying to decide if I want to spend the two days doing it.

Also, would you recommend reading the entire book before the class or can you pick it up during the class and drawing on previous experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I have teaken it twice. it is really designed more for folks without a background a critical care so If you already work in the icu it is likely review. the initial concept as I understand it was to train er docs to manage "boarded" icu pts in the er for up to 24 hrs until icu beds become available.
if you understand vent management you probably don't need to read the book.

I have teaken it twice. it is really designed more for folks without a background a critical care so If you already work in the icu it is likely review. the initial concept as I understand it was to train er docs to manage "boarded" icu pts in the er for up to 24 hrs until icu beds become available.
if you understand vent management you probably don't need to read the book.
Thanks for the information. I'll focus on the vent management chapters then since I am not as comfortable with that aspect of ICU management. Thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
My IM program required that I take the course. All in all it was fun but I didnt learn anything new.

Likewise LOL