Fateful Tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghgi8

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else patiently awaiting match results, but I'm getting excited to hopefully have the confirmation that I will indeed one day become a radiation oncologist.

Most of us will no doubt become similarly great oncologists no matter what is revealed to us on Thursday...but tomorrow we join the greatest field in medicine.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, good luck to all those hoping to match in Rad Onc. The VAST majority of you will. As I'm backing into the end of residency and looking forward to really starting my career this summer, I can honestly say that I could not have made a better decision on a specialty.

Good luck all! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Black Monday was the happiest day of my professional life. The second happiest day was my first day of radonc residency after a year of internship..it really is true that the worst day in radonc beats the best day in many other specialties. Good luck to all of you. And for those who get bad news tomorrow, keep your head up. Some of the best residents I have met did not get in their first go round..

Praise the Lord I made it!

If I did it you can too. Congrats to all those who did match (our fears are over)!

If you didn't don't worry, the word out on the street (unconfirmed) is that there are a lot of unfilled spots and I heard on the trail that you just have to wait it out for spots that will open up for 2010 (so stay in your prelim program and keep your head up :)).

Remember ppl drop out or new programs open up.

"The second happiest day was my first day of radonc residency after a year of internship..it really is true that the worst day in radonc beats the best day in many other specialties. "

Great to know - 15 weeks of internship to go and I need something to look forward to!

congratulations to all those who matched. To those who are scrambling, good luck.

"The second happiest day was my first day of radonc residency after a year of internship..it really is true that the worst day in radonc beats the best day in many other specialties. "

Great to know - 15 weeks of internship to go and I need something to look forward to!