Fastest Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to prioritize my secondaries, which so far have been filled out in a haphazard sequence. Which ones take the least time, i.e. have no essays?

Members don't see this ad.

NYMC (online, no essays)
Med. Col of WI (online, no essays but need digital photo)
Drexel (paper, but no essays)

G'luck if u have a transcript and dig. photo handy u can finish all 3 in an hour or two

i would recommend prioritizing by your state schools first, then the schools you have the best shot at...

having said that, st. louis is very quick

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no secondary! Just send them $100!

The ones that are the fastest are the ones that ask nothing new, they just ask for money. I hate ones that just ask for money. At least with the slower essay ones you feel like they are asking for more than just money.:)

I think Rochester just asks for $75 and your name and address, basically.

Ooo...Downhill Racer, I dunno about Drexel.
Reason being if you want to type it you pretty much need a typewriter the way their secondary is formatted, at least I was convinced of it, otherwise had to be done by hand. Finding a public typewriter in this day in age is like trying to find a public rotary phone...

I agree wholeheartedly about MCW, straightforward and efficient
I Albany wasn 't too long, longest response being "Describe yourself (1000 characters)", but (to use another annoying similie) trying to describe yourself well in 1000 characters is like trying to drink from a fire hydrant. Picture that.

Don't forget Penn! It takes about 10 minutes if you know what your parents do for a living and how old siblings are. Actually, typing in my credit card info took longer than answering questions.

Originally posted by longshot99
Don't forget Penn! It takes about 10 minutes if you know what your parents do for a living and how old siblings are. Actually, typing in my credit card info took longer than answering questions.

If my father is a pimp, and my mother works for him, what should I write? I was thinking of something like CEO of employment agency and homemaker. Does that sound plausible?

penn, harvard have no essays...real easy. mayo also has no written essays....they have a "phone" secondary that they schedule selectively. hope that helps!

Finch only asks for your email address!

for me....

fast secondaries----> fast rejections :mad:

Wright state
Penn state
Albany Med.
Drexel
Jefferson
NYMC

UT Houston - mail them a copy of your draft card (only if you're mail...no secondary if you're female)
:D

For the New York heads (and those applying to NY state schools)...

SUNY Buffalo's application is crazy! I remember putting in my name, and answering a question on what specialty I might be entering, submitting, and presto! I got a message saying that I was complete. I think it took more time to pull out my credit card to get the number than it did to fill out the application.

And the medical college of Wisconsin. Not only no essay but can be done completely online, even the photo.