Fallback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As depressing as this sounds, I feel like I need a back-up plan.. if Optometry school rejects me in it's time.

I've read the entering class profiles for many of schools and yet to see anyone entering from GA (I'm sure that there are many, but I'm missing them).. and espcially anyone coming from a "community-like" university such as Georgia State University.

I plan on graduating there... and I feel like there are many better undergraduate schools out there that students come from, that may be a better candidate for Optometry school.

What are some of your back-up plans?

Members don't see this ad.

I work with an optometrist who was raised in Georgia and just graduated from Pacific last year. She went to UGA (I think that's what it was called.) I don't know how that relates to Georgia State but I don't think you should be worried. Optometry schools aren't overly concerned with what school your undergraduate was completed at. If you have the grades, OAT scores, and the personality in your app and interview, you should be fine!