Failed Step 3 many times, now out of attempts, any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

draker80

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as the title of the thread says, this is the worst feeling in my life so far.
I was a resident in my final year in Preventive Medicine, I have attempted to take this cursed exam before I started my residency and failed it, now my attempt number reached 4 failed ones (last one was 196) which I didn't know they lowered it from 6 to 4 until I tried to register for another one. I tried calling the USMLE and NBME and FSMB, basically they all said tough luck, nothing they can do. I was months away from my graduation and now I am out.
I can really use any ideas or feedback, of course on my final attempt I studied Uwourld entirely, plus FA step 3 and 2, also did some UWorld step 2 Qbanks. and did a month in an online course for step 3.
I know I am not that dumb but the level of stress and frustration I am in now is indescribable. looking for ideas where to go from here and what to do.
I kinda know I am F**ked but trying to get my thoughts together.
thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

So looking through your post history you are an IMG with a 200/205 step 1/2 and graduated in 2004? I think it’s time to move on from practicing medicine and maybe try something like consulting / working for a pharmaceutical company

Become an NP. I've seen many who did that. One was OBGYN in her country now a derm NP here