USMLE Failed Step 2 CS (CIS part)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blonde_Girl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I really need some advice because I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I am a US IMG and I wanted to apply for this upcoming match. I will be taking CK soon and my step 1 score is 197. I'm doing much better with CK (last practice NBME I got around 223) so I'm hoping for a higher score. I did most of my clinicals here and I have 3 LOR's from US IM doctors. I've been doing observerships few times a week with 2 different doctors in their private clinics (since I graduated in October of last year) not to lose touch with pt interactions.
I already sent out another application for CS and I'm waiting for the scheduling permit. I'm devastated that I didn't pass this exam being that I studied with the FA, watched videos and practiced with someone, plus I thought I knew how to talk to pts, but I guess not :(
Any advice anyone could give me regarding applying to programs, anything I can do to improve my chances or is anyone in the same crappy situation? I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am sorry to hear about your situation... CIS is somewhat unpredictable and depends upon the check list the sps may have...I have a strong feeling that failure in CIS is often because of subconsciously making the same mistakes repeatedly ...I d suggest you to concentrate on ck and then get good practice of CIS...you can pm me if you want to...