Fail CBSE Intentionally?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue Flame

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you attending schools that administer CBSE exams, what do you think about failing intentionally so you get to retake it (and see a whole new set of questions). From what I understand, CBSE exams are exactly like NBMEs except only schools can buy them. So if you were to do the above, you'd essentially be seeing two more full length NBME exams than are offered online. I plan on taking all of the offline and online NBMEs before sitting for Step 1 anyway, and I know I would benefit from seeing even more "official" questions made by NBME. Also, the only penalty at my school for failing the CBSE is that you have to retake and pass it before you can schedule a Step 1 date so there don't seem to be any drawbacks. What do you guys think?

On a side note, for those of you who have taken both the school-administered CBSE and Step 1, how well did you think the CBSE questions simulated Step 1? Were the question styles similar? Any similar or repeated questions? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ive read about alot of different methods to crush step 1, but this... this is certainly thinking "outside the box" haha

Reactions: 1 user