Extracurriculars/library job - need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superfrogpoke

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm an M1 in DO school and I'm doing well grades wise. Extracurriculars wise- not so much, the only thing I do is research, I'm seriously lacking in volunteering. My other activity is working part time at the school library. A lot of people are jealous, saying I "get paid to study", but honestly it's making me miserable. I'm a morning person- I like to get up at 5am and be super productive during the day so I can have the evenings for myself and my fiance, but the library requires me to stay until 11pm, and sometimes work the weekends. I'm also less productive at the library. My question is would quitting this job be a red flag? Could it be reflected in my deans letter? Sorry if this seems like a trivial question, but I'm honestly really scared that I'm setting myself up to have a terrible residency application already.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm an M1 in DO school and I'm doing well grades wise. Extracurriculars wise- not so much, the only thing I do is research, I'm seriously lacking in volunteering. My other activity is working part time at the school library. A lot of people are jealous, saying I "get paid to study", but honestly it's making me miserable. I'm a morning person- I like to get up at 5am and be super productive during the day so I can have the evenings for myself and my fiance, but the library requires me to stay until 11pm, and sometimes work the weekends. I'm also less productive at the library. My question is would quitting this job be a red flag? Could it be reflected in my deans letter? Sorry if this seems like a trivial question, but I'm honestly really scared that I'm setting myself up to have a terrible residency application already.
No. If you don't like it then quit. It won't reflect poorly on you come residency