Experiences applying during intern year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaelia

neenlet
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone had any past experiences with applying to Dermatology during PGY-1, whether they had any luck filling serendipitously open PGY-2 spots for the following year, etc....

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious if anyone had any past experiences with applying to Dermatology during PGY-1, whether they had any luck filling serendipitously open PGY-2 spots for the following year, etc....

serendipitously open PGY-2 spots????????? I hate to pop your bubble here...Very very few Derm residents quit once they have a slot...

I didn't say they would be copious, but "very few" still > zero. Every year there are PGY-2 vacancies in the most competitive specialties from residents who decide they prefer medicine during their PGY-1, experience some kind of family difficulty, etc.

I didn't say they would be copious, but "very few" still > zero. Every year there are PGY-2 vacancies in the most competitive specialties from residents who decide they prefer medicine during their PGY-1, experience some kind of family difficulty, etc.

As I recall you matched optho right? Did you do a derm rotation with those great guys at harbor and decide the eyeball just didn't do it for you ;) or is this question for a "friend"?