Executive MBAs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... I m finishing up my FM residency in 3 weeks :)

I ve always been interested in business. I was interested in doing an executive MBA. MBA programs were you maybe meet one to two weekends a month and the rest of the time your courses and group meetings are done online.

Do you guys recommend any? I m located in California. I believe UC Irvine and USC have such options. Anyothers?

Members don't see this ad.

I had researched a bunch of healthcare EMBA programs when I was looking for an EMBA program with healthcare focus. I was attracted to the EMBA programs (instead of regular/part-time MBA programs and online MBA programs) because the EMBA programs were designed around busy schedules of students working full time and allowed for the program to be completed within 2 years. These healthcare focus EMBA programs vary in tuition (starting as low as 21K and up - as of date of this posting) and in admission requirements (many programs will waive GMAT for physicians). Some even offer AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits.

Here are some additional physicians only AACSB accredited executive MBA programs (besides Auburn University Physician EMBA program listed previously):

Brandeis University Heller EMBA for Physicians
University of Tennessee Knoxville Physician EMBA
University of Texas at Dallas Healthcare Management EMBA or MS in Healthcare Leadership and Management
Indiana University Physician MBA

Here are some other AACSB accredited Healthcare Executive MBA programs (not online MBA or regular/part-time MBA programs with healthcare concentration) that are not restricted to physicians only:

Yale University EMBA with Healthcare Focus
Cornell University EMBA / MS in Healthcare Leadership
Duke University Weekend EMBA with Health Sector Management Certificate
University of Pittsburgh EMBA in Healthcare
Creighton University Executive Healthcare MBA
University of Miami EMBA in Health Sector Management and Policy
Case Western Reserve University Cleveland Clinic - Weatherhead EMBA in Healthcare
University of Colorado at Denver EMBA in Healthcare Administration
University of Arkansas Healthcare EMBA
Southeastern Louisiana University EMBA with Healthcare Management Concentration (The tuition for entire program is 21K [as of Jan 2019])
Baylor University EMBA in Healthcare (Dallas)
Baylor University EMBA in Healthcare (Austin)
University of Tennessee Knoxville EMBA - Healthcare Leadership (for non-physicians)
Auburn University EMBA Healthcare Concentration (for non-physicians)
University of Texas at Tyler EMBA in Healthcare Management (the tuition for entire program is 35K [as of Jan 2019])
University of Texas at San Antonio EMBA (Health Professionals Track)
Fairleigh Dickinson University MBA for Executives in Health Sector Management
Arizona State University EMBA with Business of Healthcare Concentration
Rice University EMBA with Healthcare Specialization Track
CUNY Baruch College EMBA in Healthcare Administration (3 years program)
University of St. Thomas Health Care MBA
Mercer University Healthcare MBA
Loyola University MBA Healthcare Management
Florida International University Healthcare MBA
Virginia Commonwealth University EMBA with Health Care Management Concentration
University of Hawaii Distance Learning EMBA - Health Care Management Track
University of North Carolina Wilmington EMBA with Healthcare Management Specialization (technically an online program)

This list was not meant to be a comprehensive list of all of the Healthcare focus EMBA programs. I hope that this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users