Excited like the world's biggest dork

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KentuckySuper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After a waiting list scare, today I was finally able to enroll in the first of the many science prerequisites at one of our local universities. The one drawback I am facing with schools is as a non-degree post bac student, I have to register for classes after everyone else. I am registered at both local colleges just to squeeze in more classes more quickly while maintaining my teaching position with the local school district.

Because it has been a while since taking college math classes, I am also starting with generic college algebra, that way by the time I get to physics, I'll have just taken calculus, and everything should be fresh. This should also help having a few more of the "easier" math classes to boost the GPA. I'd rather pay a little more for an easier class and refresh to make sure I can handle the next level than jump into something I may not be prepared for and pay for it in the GPA. As a nontrad, I know my stats have to be as good as possible, and right now they are nothing to write home about.

A few teacher friends have started giving me the business about the whole pod thing. The only thing I could think of in reply was "Go Pod or go home!"

Now that I'm actually enrolled in the darn class, the prepod thing is getting real. It's one thing to talk about it, it's another thing to drop money on it and make a run for it. I have never been so excited for biology and algebra in my life.

Go Pod or go home.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users