excellent study material

mudiwa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I took the OAT and did excellent, i am a second year student now, and I'm sure you can do as well. I used a litany of material in order to build my confidence up to test day (then of course after that I have forgot almost everything).

What I used when I took the OAT was I used different conventional methods rather than text book. I stimulated (sounds silly) my audiatory and visual channels by using resources that would do so. I used these video cds I bought that covered all the science disciplines that the OAT covered. I found them to be immensely immeasurable in helpfulness since it was almost like private tutoring and the teacher was writing all the concepts down on the whiteboard. Very realistic and I found them to be by far better than the Kaplan lectures.

Then I would listen to Audio Osmosis cds on my ipod for all the sciences (bio,chem,ochem,physics) sections . With this approach, I found that my learning curve was much higher.

Definitely though, you should build your foundation in the science disciplines FIRST, then emphasize on tackling as many concepts and problems as possible in hopes of attaining the best score you possibly can on the test.

Once I had a full understanding in the sciences, I then went ahead and did problems form the Kaplan course subject tests. With almost 1000 problems at my fingertips and DETAILED explanations (to tell me why an answer choice was right and why one was wrong) provided me with a wealth of knowledge.

Come test day, I felt like I had the upper edge against other students, and when I did receive my scores, I was not shocked one bit because I worked with the finest materials that had concreted my confidence thereforing securing onto a high score.

So if you want to know more about the materials I used, you can feel free to ask me about them or how I studied.

If you want to know about prices, PM me and we can discuss
Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to answering any questions you may have about the OAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on doing well on the OAT. What were the video cd's called? I would be interested in finding those!

i'd love to know more about the materials you used and how long you studied totally for this test. i'm taking mine at the end of september and could definitely use some guidance as to which materials are best to use.

thanks a lot!

Congratulations on you success!! I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the materials you used to study. Where did you find those great cds. Also how did you approach the RC? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I was actually super interested in knowing what CD's you used.. I'm glad to hear that you did so well because it gives me hope!

that's awesome, mudiwa!
i am retaking the OATs in a month's time and have gone over all the Kaplan material and have even taken a course but still feel unprepared so would love to hear that this material really helps...
i really need more Physics practice so went over the problems in the MCAT Examkrackers book already but feel like i need more. ...I heard that the AudioOsmosis is part of that too... do you recommend me buying it for orgo and gen chem ones as well?

congrats again and hope to hear from you soon about those AudioOsmosis prep material. :)