Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frenchyn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I am not the only who is affected by COVID...but I have a feeling a lot of us are feeling the same. It is ridiculous when salons and dine in restaurants are opening up, while test centers are still closed. I Know nothing is perfect, but I have never felt so disappointed of medical education this much until now. NBME update so far is either 1. Last minute cancellation 2. Delay further. Tests are still required while the opportunity to fulfill it is not an option. How long can we continue this “delay further approach” when we as students have other responsibilities such as medical school graduation requirements or ERAS deadline? It is crazy when they expect us to meet the same standards/requirements under this circumstance. Until now, I realize how much NBME has control over the medical education....not aamc or medical schools...

Members don't see this ad.

I know I am not the only who is affected by COVID...but I have a feeling a lot of us are feeling the same. It is ridiculous when salons and dine in restaurants are opening up, while test centers are still closed. I Know nothing is perfect, but I have never felt so disappointed of medical education this much until now. NBME update so far is either 1. Last minute cancellation 2. Delay further. Tests are still required while the opportunity to fulfill it is not an option. How long can we continue this “delay further approach” when we as students have other responsibilities such as medical school graduation requirements or ERAS deadline? It is crazy when they expect us to meet the same standards/requirements under this circumstance. Until now, I realize how much NBME has control over the medical education....not aamc or medical schools...
Read an article a month ago, that main reason is that they are tied by legal issues, basically trying to avoid complications they might have if they will open prematurely. Knowing some students here on sdn (so much freeloaders and people trying to abuse system, sue schools, NBME and even preceptors), I'm not surprised by NBME decision to play safe. So we are partially responsible for the harsh measures NBME takes. They probably know us very well.

Read an article a month ago, that main reason is that they are tied by legal issues, basically trying to avoid complications they might have if they will open prematurely. Knowing some students here on sdn (so much freeloaders and people trying to abuse system, sue schools, NBME and even preceptors), I'm not surprised by NBME decision to play safe. So we are partially responsible for the harsh measures NBME takes. They probably know us very well.
Well but then they refuse to waive or cancel stupid CS...you know what they know: they don’t want lawsuits which will cost them money as you mentioned...but they also don’t want to lose million dollar they make from CS...it is all about the money...give me a break...requiring a test that gives us no option to take...what a scam and money grabber. This telemedicine CS is a stupid idea. Expect students to take it during this pandemic...‍♀️