Exam Krackers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Geoff

Mzungu
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDNer's,
Anyone study for the mcats using the Exam Kracker books. I have been using them and like em' a lot. However, I was just wondering, for anyone that used them, how they studied with the books. Did they finish an entire subject then move on, or did they tackle bits and pieces of each subject at the same time. Let me know, thanks...

- Geoff

Members don't see this ad.

I switched between 2 subjects at a time. In fact ek has a home schedule that tells you how best to study their material. I don't have it with me i believe they have it on their website. Also ek has a discussion board of its own, you may have seen this already, you may find more suggestions there as well.

Good Luck!

Scout

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi uniqueseraph thanks for the website, but i still need the mini mcat sheets do you have access to them . If you do please forward. Thanks a lot.

The mini-mcats are not available other than by taking the course. They comprise of chopped up aamc mcat's, and you can attempt to supplement these with something else if you would like.

Hey you guys I'm studing for the August Exam and I'm going out of my mind. I'm drowning help me!!!!!

Lol drowning in what sense? If you have a descent science background already, and you stick to the exam krackers home schedule you should be fine. I started last week, which will leave me with a few weeks to spare prior to the test to review my weekest areas. Just take it slow, and as they say 2-3 hours daily is plenty of time, no need to go overboard. Just relax and take each step at a time :), the test is still quite a ways away.

As bgreet said, you've got plenty of time. I started studying about 3 weeks ago, and I read about 2 hrs a night, 4 nights a week. No study on Sat's, and about 3-4 hours on Sundays. I consider that fairly light, but it's all I can afford to do with my schedule. Even at that pace, I foresee having plenty of time to finish the material and work on nothing but practice exams. It's amazing how easily some of this material comes back. Of course, my undergrad was in Chemistry which probably helps, but I haven't had any of this stuff in over 3 years. Relax, and pace yourself, you'll do fine. If for whatever reason, you don't feel prepared come August. Wait until April to sit the exam. 6 months is not going to kill you.

As to Dr. Geoff's question: Call me old fashioned, but I tackle one section at a time and work through the entire book. All this skipping around is too disjointed for me. I do read VR questions though while I'm studying other subjects.

Hey guys I know it funny but right now I feel as if everything is hitting me from all angles. The exam prep, the major search for schools, the mateials for the application, summer school, work etc.... But yes I will do as the study outlined and slow myself down a little. I guess today is not a good day for me. And yes ,my science backgropund is a bit descent so I know i'll survive.
Practice, practice practice that will be my moto.
thanks guys for the live saver