ex-dental student needs to get rid of equipment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi, all. I'm one of those guys who didn't make it past his first year. Now I'm stuck with a lot of very nice and expensive dental equipment. Obviously, I'd like to recoup as much of the money I spent on it as I can. I thought about selling on eBay, but it doesn't look like many dentists shop there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sell dental equipment or would you be interested yourself or know someone who would? I have like new NSK electric hand pieces, articulator, models, a few books etc. I would be satisfied with even half cost. Please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Believe it or not, but ebay might be the answer. Each school is different but our first year kit included waxing instruments, loupes, wax, triad and a whole lot of random dental materials. The only valuable thing in our kit was PVS. Look on ebay. You might get more money than you think. You might also stop by your local dental office and ask.

OK, several people here expressed interest in what I have. Here is a list of all the major supplies I'm trying to unload. I listed a few of the purchased/new prices of the larger items. I don't expect to get that by any means. I would be satisfied with even half or just the best offer. However, keep in mind I was only in school a year. Most of this stuff was used less than 10 times and thoroughly cleaned afterward each time. If anyone has any specific questions let me know. I'm going to try to insert some pictures I took in the following posts.

-Bunsen Burner with wax catcher
-Gas Torch
-Waxing Cassette and accessories
-2 Dental Models
-Bur Block
-E Cutter Bur Block
-Burs:
++Diamond
++Carbide
----¼ round 005
----½ round 006
----1 round 008
----2 round 010
----4 round 014
----6 round 018
----8 round 023
----33 ½ 006
----34 008
----55 008
----56 009 lots
----170 010
----170L 010
----171 012
----245 008
----329 006
----330 008 lots
----669 009
----700 010
----7004 014
----7006 018
----7408 023
----7901 009
-Polishers
----Brownies
----Greenies
----Super Greenies
-E Cutters
----H79E
----H261E
----H295E
----H351E
-400 Assorted Anatomical Wedges
-Bur Cleaner
-5 Pair Impression Tray Set
-NSK Ti-Maz solid titanium series electric hand pieces and Carrying Case (still in original packaging)
----Ti65 (new = $449)
----Ti95L 1:1 (new = $895)
----Ti25L 1:1 (new = $750)
----NL400 motor (new = $1,899) (This does not include the control unit. obviously I'll take even less because of this. Just throw me an offer)
-WhipMix Articulator, face bow, bite registration, carrying case and all accessories (cost over $700)

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
ic4qxs.jpg
IMG%5D

You mentioned electric handpiece before; is this what you're talking about? It looks pressure-powered. Just want to be clear. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You mentioned electric handpiece before; is this what you're talking about? It looks pressure-powered. Just want to be clear. Thanks!!

Yes, they are definitely electric. I listed as much of the specifics I could find for each one so you could look them up online to check prices, etc before you make an offer. Again, They are practically new. They've only been used a hand full of times and only on dental models, being thoroughly cleaned after each use.

Hi,

I am looking for a columbia dentoform. Which is yours, is it kilgore or Columbia.
Please let me know the details and price.

Thanks
shdentist

Hi,

I am looking for a columbia dentoform. Which is yours, is it kilgore or Columbia.
Please let me know the details and price.

Thanks
shdentist

Actually... I feel kind of dumb but i'm not sure. It says Nissin on the box. I think maybe it's Kilgore. It def isn't Columbia, though. It fits perfectly with the WhipMix Articulator. I have two in great condition. (see pics) I'll take $60 ea.

..Would anyone be interested in some loupes? I know they are taylor made to the individual, but hear me out. I have an extremely nice set of non-prescription, adjustable Oakley framed flip-up Loupes. (new = $1300) The frames alone are worth $500. Not only are they stylish, but extremely supportive and comfortable (the reason I bought them; wearing heavy, uncomfortable loupes all day can give you all kinds of problems). Way better than what schools provide. They are supposed to be custom designed for my interpupilary distance, but these are actually adjustable. However, I realize that no one will spend that much money on loupes that may not work. So, I'll sell them for only $275 - which is still a great deal for just the frames. That way it will still be worth it for just the frames. Since they are flip-up and not look-through, if the magnification lenses themselves don't work, you can just have them easily replaced with a new pair without having to pay for expensive frames. Of course, they come with a protective carrying case. If anyone is interested or just curious, let me know and I'll post a picture of them.

Hi
I am interested in few things..is there any way to contact you.

incisal guide table,
Loupes
Blade handle
OPA plate

Tx

Are these bur blocks from UT? Please let me know!!

Yes they are. But I've already sold them. Why?

P.S.

If anyone is interested here is what I have left:
Bunsen burner
torch
impression trays
articulator & kit

how much are you selling the articulator kit/facebow for?

Hi, all. I'm one of those guys who didn't make it past his first year. Now I'm stuck with a lot of very nice and expensive dental equipment. Obviously, I'd like to recoup as much of the money I spent on it as I can. I thought about selling on eBay, but it doesn't look like many dentists shop there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sell dental equipment or would you be interested yourself or know someone who would? I have like new NSK electric hand pieces, articulator, models, a few books etc. I would be satisfied with even half cost. Please let me know. Thanks!
please email me at [email protected]

Hello guys please try to list your items on http://www.junkaloo.com. It was started by a group of dental students to help sell our old instruments. Spread the word. Thank you!