Program-Specific Info / Q's EWU Group Interview on Zoom 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OatTeaTwoBee

Reaction score
Hi All!

Wondering if anyone else knows what to expect from the group interview over Zoom?

Pre-COVID, interview day included 3 things:
* group interview
* group challenge activity
* writing sample

Not sure if we'll just be adapting this format to Zoom. Would love to hear from anyone else who has interviewed previously, or who will be interviewing this year!

Good luck and thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

How did you end up doing in the interview? Once it got started it was way less stressful than I had anticipated. I ended up getting waitlistsed for the program, but I'm hopeful I'll get in.

Reactions: 1 user
I was waitlisted too!

It was okay overall - smoother than I thought! I think I personally would have done better in person though.

I was chosen to answer every question first for our group interview portion. I definitely could have expanded on my answers more. It would have been nice if the order alternated for each question too.

Did your group use that format for the interview portion as well?

The group activity was fun!

Good luck to you! Fingers crossed that we both get in! I’m sure as UW and UPS release their decisions we’ll see some movement on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed a few weeks ago! I was so stressed about it. Did you guys get the question about being stranded on a deserted island too?

I'm sorry OatTeaTwoBee - I felt really bad for the person who had to go first for answering each question. I wish they changed it up a bit.

I got an acceptance letter last Wednesday! Like you said, after I hear back from UW, then I'll make my final decision but EWU sounds like a great school!

I also interviewed a few weeks ago! I was so stressed about it. Did you guys get the question about being stranded on a deserted island too?

I'm sorry OatTeaTwoBee - I felt really bad for the person who had to go first for answering each question. I wish they changed it up a bit.

I got an acceptance letter last Wednesday! Like you said, after I hear back from UW, then I'll make my final decision but EWU sounds like a great school!
How long did they give you to make a decision? Wondering for everyone on the waitlist.

I did get the desert island question! Maybe we were in the same group!

Since EWU’s deadline is February 24th, do you just accept their offer now, then decline if you get an acceptance from UW in March? Not sure if they require a deposit when you accept or anything like that.

I was offered a spot for EWU last week and will likely be declining! I was offered a spot at UPS yesterday and waiting on UW to choose between the two. EWU didn’t mention anything about a deposit either.

Reactions: 1 users
I was offered a spot for EWU last week and will likely be declining! I was offered a spot at UPS yesterday and waiting on UW to choose between the two. EWU didn’t mention anything about a deposit either.
Congratulations otwannab22!! That’s so exciting!! Crossing my fingers for you to get accepted to your first choice school!

Congratulations otwannab22!! That’s so exciting!! Crossing my fingers for you to get accepted to your first choice school!
Thank you!! UPS is my number one but waiting on scholarship info because that price tag is rough 😭 I bet you’ll be offered a spot to EWU next week!

Just declined my offer at EWU, the waitlist should start moving!

I took the intro to OT in the fall. Are you planning to take it spring quarter?
Yep. Right around the corner!!

Curious whether anyone knows if EWU will be online or in person for Summer start? I know they and started online last year.

Thanks @otwannab22 !! I just got my acceptance from EWU!!

Does anyone else still need to take the intro to OT course?
Congrats!!! That's awesome!

I still need to take the OT course. It sounds like I can't register for it until two weeks from the start date. Is that what you're seeing?

I remember in the interview the current students were saying that their classes are completely in person now!

Congrats!!! That's awesome!

I still need to take the OT course. It sounds like I can't register for it until two weeks from the start date. Is that what you're seeing?

I remember in the interview the current students were saying that their classes are completely in person now!
That’s what I saw too for the intro to OT course - that you have to mail in the non- matriculated student registration no sooner than two weeks prior to the start of the quarter. It looks like there are two Intro courses for spring quarter too.

Sure hope that we’ll still be in person! Can’t wait to meet everyone! Just in my interview group there were some really amazing people!

I asked in my breakout group during the interview and they said we will start in person.