Everyone talks about taking pre reqs at a four year but how are you suppose to transfer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msvnamra

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It is known that dental schools prefer it when students take their pre reqs at a 4 year institution over a cc.
But how would for instance a bio or chem major transfer, since most of the pre reqs are actually classes you have to take to even transfer to a university?

This is really confusing.

I would love if someone could explain this to me.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably by going to a 4yr university in the first place (not going to CC at all for the first 2 years). I get that CC is way cheaper, but obviously university is preferred. I bet there are some dental schools that would still take students who took their pre reqs at CC, however. If you did, then transferred, and continued to do well in upper level courses I don't see a problem

Take as much as you can at CC without hitting the cut offs for cc credits. Finish at four year with upward trend and you will be solid. If your grades drop at 4 years its a red flag. I know plenty of people that got into dental and medical school with CC first.

In my case I was doing my associates degrees while in high school as a dual credit students so I basically had a two year degree first. Luckily I did not take too many pre-reqs at CC and in the process saved a crap ton of money.

You HAVE to have a good trend.

Hi everyone,

It is known that dental schools prefer it when students take their pre reqs at a 4 year institution over a cc.
But how would for instance a bio or chem major transfer, since most of the pre reqs are actually classes you have to take to even transfer to a university?

This is really confusing.

I would love if someone could explain this to me.

Thank you.
The other thing that you can do is take as much as you can at CC and then retake the prereqs at a 4 year if you need to.