EU citizenship & internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted390966

I would like to get as much as information I can before I apply for UK med schools next cycle, so everyone please help me out :) :

1/ If I go to a UK med school, what are the requirements to join UK/EU citizenship?

2/ After I graduate from UK med school and want to remain in the UK/EU to practice, how hard is it to get an internship spot? Is it easier if I'm a UK citizen vs. an international student (graduating from UK school)?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The requirements are either to get married to a UK or EU national, obviously a UK national if you want to be a UK citizen. The other path is a slow path, you are on a tier 4 visa for med school and foundation years (aka internship) and then in specialty training you are on a tier 2 visa and after 5 years you can get PR and one year after that citizenship.

2. Its not hard, they say they can't guarantee you but everyone in the UK has been able to get an internship spot every year. They don't distinguish between a UK citizen vs International student if they are from a UK med school.

Reactions: 1 user